Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just interested in how many final year students on this website are going to be starting their final year in 2009 - 2010. If you are one, what do you study? What are your survival plans on getting through the year?:p:

ReputationRep:
    i'll be a final year student doing the last year of my BSc Film Production Technology Degree. Survival plans? errrr dunno not really made any as i dont think i'll be needing them so much. ooo well actually financially wise tho, I'll be a halls warden so the free accomodation for the year will help me survive..

ReputationRep:
    it's cool all us lot will be graduating next year though!

Im studying software engineering, i know the final years gonna be a right *****...

Not sure how i'm gonna survive it though, hopefully i'll meet more cool people!!

What are your survival plans then whisperer?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Wiggler and Noaksey, i'll be studying film and music tech this year (i've done the third year already so I know it will a *****) I've had a year to catch my breath, work and think about a few things and now I feel i'm focused despite what I know lies ahead. I think actually meeting some good people will be part of my survival technique otherwise just get my head down and do the dam thing, not have the student apathy attitude and talk to the tutors more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperer)
    Hey Wiggler and Noaksey, i'll be studying film and music tech this year (i've done the third year already so I know it will a *****) I've had a year to catch my breath, work and think about a few things and now I feel i'm focused despite what I know lies ahead. I think actually meeting some good people will be part of my survival technique otherwise just get my head down and do the dam thing, not have the student apathy attitude and talk to the tutors more.
    I reckon i'm gonna take the last year fairly chilled. I just wish there was no 'final year project' aspect about it; I can't even think of one, let alone do the damn thing!

I take it your living in Stafford then?

ReputationRep:
    yars i will be living in Stafford. Chilled way is probably a good approach as long as you plan I guess. The less sweat buds you sweat closer to handing it in the better you've planned/ been chilled out. I think that's a good way to measure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    I reckon i'm gonna take the last year fairly chilled. I just wish there was no 'final year project' aspect about it; I can't even think of one, let alone do the damn thing!
    I've just moved from lichfield to stafford, did the HND in Applied IT at lichfield and we did a final year project there .. word of warning, dont leave it to the last minute. You'll see why lol

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I too did an HND but in Burton; tbh it wasn't that bad but I know the fyp for my degree is gonna be at 4x as much work...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.