Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK now I know the difference I will edit the story abit...

This landlord in London insists me in paying the reservation deposit via western union, which a lot of people say tis not safe at all and most fraud occurs there (ebay,gumtree etc).
    I really don't feel like trusting this landlord anymore...
    What do you guys think? I emailed her before saying I could pay by cheque but she refused.
    PLUS
    the BIG fact that I HAVEN'T seen the flat yet. I am STILL overseas.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    Nothing?
    dunno.cuz she said she doesnt need me to pay the deposit BUT the reservation deposit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unicorn_Dream)
    dunno.cuz she said she doesnt need me to pay the deposit BUT the reservation deposit...
    It's a deposit required to guarantee your accommodation, to take it off the market so to speak.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would say the reservation deposit means he can't let anyone else have the accomm. whereas the deposit is to stop you trashing the house.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.