Turn on thread page Beta

protein shakes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yes or no .... is it expensive? worth it? does it make you gain weight? how long till you see results? etc

ReputationRep:
    yes, yes, yes, 1-3 months

ReputationRep:
    They sound disgusting :no:

ReputationRep:
    what sort of £££ are we talking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    please expand

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty damn expensive. I'm not sure the benefits of protein shakes over just getting more protein in your diet (which is probably cheaper).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    please expand
    Well my basis for this is that I'd rather eat more chicken than drink it

ReputationRep:
    Not particuarly expensive, around 20-30 quid a month extra, if that.
    You can get cheap protein for about 6 quid a kilo, and I personally use about 50g in one shake. That makes them really quite cheap actually.

They do work but they are a 'supplement' to diet and good training blah blah

ReputationRep:
    i heard you can get them for like £10 for 2 weeks or something, seems alright to me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What's your weights routine like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    i heard you can get them for like £10 for 2 weeks or something, seems alright to me.
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supp.../impact-blend/

Code MP40658 for a further 5% off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supp.../impact-blend/

Code MP40658 for a further 5% off.
    If you want better taste go for the MP Max range. All the other fancy crap they state makes no difference really, just the taste I would say.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    If you want better taste go for the MP Max range. All the other fancy crap they state makes no difference really, just the taste I would say.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/
    It's also nearly twice as expensive. I've used MP Max plenty of times and switching to Impact has made absolutely no difference to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Just tastes like chocolate milkshake but with all sorts of other stuff in that you'd otherwise never know was there unless you read the tub.

ReputationRep:
    It's also nearly twice as expensive. I've used MP Max plenty of times and switching to Impact has made absolutely no difference to me.
    Depends on your stomach really, I think I'm borderline lactose intolerant, and I can stomach MP Max range mch better these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    Depends on your stomach really, I think I'm borderline lactose intolerant, and I can stomach MP Max range mch better these days.
    :confused:

They're basically the same product and both dairy. MP Max products just have a few added extras.

ReputationRep:
    yes they're good, but only because they don't fill you up so you can eat like a beast. weight gainers etc are **** because they fill you up and are full of crap! the funny thing is for the past 2 months i've used ZERO sups and gained more everything, i was having a hard time doing so when i was using weight gainers and creatine etc.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

They're basically the same product and both dairy. MP Max products just have a few added extras.
    I've got to disagree here.

Myself and a friend of mine can stomach things like maximuscle without any stomach cramping, wind or near-diarrhoea, but can have those problems with MP products (especially the standard impact whey), even the Isolate. Clearly there's some difference there. Funnily enough I was okay with it till I started using it a lot a year or so ago, since them my body seems to reject it.

Regardless, due to their protein being ridiculously cheap, even the MP Max products compared to other brands, I'll always stick by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    Just tastes like chocolate milkshake but with all sorts of other stuff in that you'd otherwise never know was there unless you read the tub.

Agreed, some of the stuff (Choc smooth from MP) actually tastes real nice (edit: that is when I treat myself to having it with milk - with water it's a case of just downing asap lol.)

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be built like me (a brick **** house) there's only cyclone.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.