Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    I've got to disagree here.

Myself and a friend of mine can stomach things like maximuscle without any stomach cramping, wind or near-diarrhoea, but can have those problems with MP products (especially the standard impact whey), even the Isolate. Clearly there's some difference there. Funnily enough I was okay with it till I started using it a lot a year or so ago, since them my body seems to reject it.

Regardless, due to their protein being ridiculously cheap, even the MP Max products compared to other brands, I'll always stick by them.
    You disagree with what?

Impact Blend: Ingredients: Impact Impact Blend®® (Impact Whey Protein® and Impact Whey Isolate®), Natural Flavouring, Sucralose®.

MP Max True Whey: Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC80)*, Whey Protein Isolate*, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (chocolate flavours only), Flavouring, Citric Acid (berry flavours only), Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Colours (Curcumin [banana flavour only], Beetroot Red [berry flavours only]), Digezyme® (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Beta-D-Galactosidase, Lipase), Sweetener (Sucralose), Lactospore® Pro-biotics, (Bacillus Coagulans). * From Milk

???

Total Protein XS is a slightly different protein blend and a load more extras (spores, vitamins, minerals) but still plenty of dairy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm arguing that they're sufficiently different that my body reacts differently to each product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    I'm arguing that they're sufficiently different that my body reacts differently to each product.
    It's only really Impact Whey Isolate that's had most of the lactose removed. I don't really understand how it can be causing you problems since that's the whey of choice for most of the intolerants over at MP, but whatever, doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    It's only really Impact Whey Isolate that's had most of the lactose removed. I don't really understand how it can be causing you problems since that's the whey of choice for most of the intolerants over at MP, but whatever, doesn't matter.
    People's body's react differently to the same ****. Better to listen to what your body is telling you and adapt the right routine and diet than sticking by what others tell you about how your body should be reacting.

Example: Taurine can be used as a sleeping aid. If I take it before sleep I'm awake for hours longer than usual - it clearly doesn't work in my case.

You can tell me I'm wrong and it's all in my head - at the end of the day you're not me though.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down mate, I'm just trying to point out that it might not be the dairy that's causing you problems.

EDIT: And at the same time pointing out that there's nothing wrong with the cheaper products for the vast majority of people.

ReputationRep:
    lol, didn't meant to come off as angry.

ReputationRep:
    Scipio - your body is made of fail

ReputationRep:
    Shakes make it easier to consume to right amount of protein for your weight, metabolism etc. Whey is good straight after workouts as its fast digesting, boosts muscle recovery blah blah. Casein is good before bed as it is slow digesting (slow release of protein during sleep prevents reduces/delays catabolism) Might aswell buy 1 tub and if you think its worth it keep going, if you don't then stop. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Scipio - your body is made of fail
    Seriously. I've somehow managed to give myself right elbow tendinitis again, gonna have to bust out the Cissus quadrangularis and capping system if it doesn't go away soon, worked a tream last time. If I could just rip off the right side of my body I'd be okay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.