Turn on thread page Beta

Love vs. Career watch

• View Poll Results: Which scenario would you choose?
    I would choose the 'Love' scenario
    58.86%
    I would choose the 'Career' scenario
    41.14%

ReputationRep:
    110% love!! Life would be so .. empty if i didn't have someone to share it with. "home is where the heart is" and all...

ReputationRep:
    As a student i was living off not much more than a "modest/working class" income and i was more than happy.

I'd choose love as long as the lack of money and **** job didnt make me miserable or unsafe. I can imagine plenty of minimum wage jobs that I'd enjoy doing alot and you could get by if you were sensible with your money im sure.

ReputationRep:
    aww definitely love :lovedup2:

ReputationRep:
    Career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I don't wanna live in a council flat
    are they a bit too icky for you?

ReputationRep:
    Career. I whole-heartedly aim to avoid any relationships with women outside of the purely sexual - I find them to be largely irritating and vapid, but still want to **** them. If you hadn't included the one-night-stand availability then I'd be torn.

ReputationRep:
    Love.

ReputationRep:
    Career. I can live without love but probably not a career, especially in an economic crisis time like this lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i'm gonna go with love even though i'd chop off my right tit to not end up in a council flat and prole job IRL. thank god i'm dating a medic.

you said I was in a crappy job but you never said HE had to be. sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

ReputationRep:
    love! easy question for me, i would never have a happy life without love. whats the point in all this money, all this achievement if there's nobody to share it with? sounds just like a lonely life to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Career all the way!

I'd still take career if I was disallowed the one night stands and had to remain celibate - it's not like I couldn't fap, is it?

Careers rule!!!

squish.
    Why do you say "squish" at the end of every post?

ReputationRep:
    career all the way, love is a state of mind, also there is a big chance you will seperate or get divorced, as i said career all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    i'm gonna go with love even though i'd chop off my right tit to not end up in a council flat and prole job IRL. thank god i'm dating a medic.

you said I was in a crappy job but you never said HE had to be. sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
    so what if your bf told you to drop out of uni, and live with him, will you?

Your scenario explains my life story. I have been pretty successful so far, and hope I will be in the future too. I however have had no love life, but I have managed so far, and I am sure I will manage in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Career at the moment, who knows, the answer may change in time.

Having a lot of wealth would make me happier than a woman whom i'd probably love at first but would become comfortable with to the point where neither cares much for each other anymore.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    so what if your bf told you to drop out of uni, and live with him, will you?
    he wouldnt tell me to do anything, but if he asked, then i might. i dunno :afraid: he better become super rich as a doctor i swear, if he's making me leave uni. luckily even if i dropn out i'll still have my theatrical contacts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    he wouldnt tell me to do anything, but if he asked, then i might. i dunno :afraid: he better become super rich as a doctor i swear, if he's making me leave uni. luckily even if i dropn out i'll still have my theatrical contacts
    all im saying is that there is no guarantee that love will work, so id prefer to stay in uni, also im not really surprised that most girls chose love, but im surpirsed that most of the guys were in between, and it seems like your dating your bf because he is a medic,lol

ReputationRep:
    Love. Sounds like you can go pub all day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    all im saying is that there is no guarantee that love will work, so id prefer to stay in uni, also im not really surprised that most girls chose love, but im surpirsed that most of the guys were in between, and it seems like your dating your bf because he is a medic,lol
    not at all. he is more than his job/degree. i wa just saying that in your scneario in which I was piss-poor and a prole with no job prospects, that he better be the one earning enough money for the both of us :ahee:
    i'm not gonna lie, him being a medic is kinda :coma:

also, there is no guarantee of anything in life, and that includes career. so you saying love wont work is crazy cos your job is equally as unstable really.

ReputationRep:
    Career. Never had a love so I'm good so far

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.