Turn on thread page Beta

Are there more Scots in London than in Edinburgh? watch

• View Poll Results: Are there more Scots in London than in Edinburgh?
    Yes
    43.75%
    No
    56.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Well, Ayr is famous for it's castles, beach, history, it has one of the largest schools in scotland and one of the oldest, robert burns, fish...but mostly it's history, it being one of the oldest towns in scotland.

Can I ask - why the sudden obession with scottish people?
    You forget the racecouse! Amazing Sunday Market there often, and all the people swarming in from Glasgow at holidays and weekends making locals lives a misery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamegg)
    The Scots and English are exactly the same, the only difference is that we're told that we 'belong' to a country just because we happen to be born there.
    They're completely different. English: a Germanic people from Denmark and Northern Germany. Scots: Celtic; Gaels originally from Iberia, and Brythonic Picts originally from North-Western Europe. They are linguistically, culturally, and ethnically distinct; similarities are due to aggressive anglicisation not a natural togetherness or kinship.

As for Scots in London - I doubt there are as many as in Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    You forget the racecouse! Amazing Sunday Market there often, and all the people swarming in from Glasgow at holidays and weekends making locals lives a misery.
    awww my nana and papa have a stall at the market lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Lmao. Yey for Ayr :P.

I'm going to ayr college this year too =O I dropped outta uni :mmm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.