Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello all, i have came across a slightly uncertain issue and want some answers, currently my tution fees are being paid for by student finance england and i am wondering does tution fee only covers the course that i am doing (computer science) or can i also do an weekend/evening courses in top of mine without paying extra money?

I really need to undersand this because although it may be straight foward question to most of you i am currently have no idea...

I dont wish to pay extra money for different courses at the same university i just want to do something extra, i am currently hoping to write a novel and my university have a part time weekend and evening class that helps with it.

If tution fee only covers the one course i choose, can i get a loan or something if i want to do evening/weekend courses?

thanks in advance and sorry if i may have been a little confusing,
    Abdo Haji Mohamed

ReputationRep:
    you might get a loan but I dont think that student finance pays for evening courses.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be studying full time, so am guessing tution fees that i will get for my full time course doesnt cover evening/weekend course?

ReputationRep:
    They won't pay for evening and weekend courses. There are some at my uni that are closely realated to my degree and we are encouraged to do like Cisco networking and we still have to pay if we wish to do them. You won't be able to get a loan to cover them I don't think, certainly not from the Student Loans Company.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.