Turn on thread page Beta

Epic Holiday Boredom - Suggestions?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I would really recommend watch more series. Watch Star trek the original series. Ever wonder why such a huge fan culture developed from it? Watch it, it's amazing!

Take up new hobbies like cooking, swimming, learning an instruments, something to improve your practical skills.

Play video games to pass some time. Get a girlfriend, that'll pass a lot of time. Read books.

There's so much out there! I'm sure you can find a job though - if you look through your university jobcentre they'll have plenty of available jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you live near me (but at least you live in the city so :plz2:) and I feel your pain. :yes:

Me and my friends just doss around on the beach most of the days tbh to pass the time.

Lame suggestions:
    Have a dinner party
    Have a movie night

:unsure:
    There really is nothing to do..

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I am pleased other people are in the same situation as me. I live in literally the middle of nowhere (no jobs, no car), moved here at the end of sixth form so all my school friends live miles away and I go to uni on the other side of the country! I was so desperate during my exams to return home so I could relax and now.... aaaargh, send me back!!

Anyway, to pass the boredom I am reading an extraordinary number of books, painting, doing a major clean out (although that's not going well - I start and never finish), filing all of my uni notes (oh my god...) and going for random walks around my area (one useful thing... there are trees). Apart from that the best thing I can suggest is invite people to your house/find some megabus tickets and take trips round the country to find them. If we're not going to get jobs, we may as well waste all our money now and pray for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jomo)
    Argh, I am pleased other people are in the same situation as me. I live in literally the middle of nowhere (no jobs, no car), moved here at the end of sixth form so all my school friends live miles away and I go to uni on the other side of the country! I was so desperate during my exams to return home so I could relax and now.... aaaargh, send me back!!

Anyway, to pass the boredom I am reading an extraordinary number of books, painting, doing a major clean out (although that's not going well - I start and never finish), filing all of my uni notes (oh my god...) and going for random walks around my area (one useful thing... there are trees). Apart from that the best thing I can suggest is invite people to your house/find some megabus tickets and take trips round the country to find them. If we're not going to get jobs, we may as well waste all our money now and pray for next year!
    I agree entirely with the first paragrah, like so much!! It sucks! I actually want to do uni work :p:.

Yeahh doing all the latter, but i'm saving for a car so i really cant spend the money i do have .

ReputationRep:
    Your training / exercise regime should take up more than enough of your time - for instance this is a typical day (today is my rest day so I do nothing but eat);

Spoiler:
    Show

7: 00 - wake up and cook a healthy breakfast and down some cyclone

8; 00 - 2 hour ride with 3 x 10 minute efforts and 10 minutes easy between efforts

10; 30 - recovery shake, shower and sleep

12; 00 - cook some pasta

4; 00 - have a protein shake / snack

6; 00 - either get ready for work (I work twice a week so I also have free days) or gym it

7; 00 - have a protein shake and prepare supper

9;00 - 40 minute run

11; 30 - bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    Maybe learn a language or something like that, something productive that you will enjoy doing.

Or begin to watch the vast amount of good tv shows available on the internet, like start watching Dexter or prison break or something like that, that could keep you entertained during the day.

I am in a similar situation as you cause most of my friends work during the day and only come out at night, so i have been watching a tonne of tv shows on the internet to pass the time.
    You just named probably my 2 favourite shows. Therefore I agree with this =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Hrm not sure self teaching a language is a good plan though really? And i couldn't afford/wouldnt want to spend on getting decent stuff to learn it from. But a good idea none the less. I'll think on it.

See above about tv shows. Not a fan of prison break i'm afraid . Or 24 for that matter to the disappointment of a lot of my flat mates last year!

Yeahh i think quite a few people will be. Unfortunatly i can't seem to solve the predicament which is slowly killing me!
    I feel your pain OP, its nice to see some other people in the same predicament. The TV series thing is a good idea, I always use that during the holidays and watch loads of movies. I have a bunch of movies-to-watch and books-to-read so I'm getting them out of the way before September.

Also what city do you live in? I live in London and so when I get bored I go out and just explore the city, sometimes with people, sometimes alone, its nice to see your city/town in the eyes of a tourist.

Can't think of anything else but when I do, I know where to type!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Hrm not sure self teaching a language is a good plan though really? And i couldn't afford/wouldnt want to spend on getting decent stuff to learn it from. But a good idea none the less. I'll think on it.

See above about tv shows. Not a fan of prison break i'm afraid . Or 24 for that matter to the disappointment of a lot of my flat mates last year!

Yeahh i think quite a few people will be. Unfortunatly i can't seem to solve the predicament which is slowly killing me!
    But I'm sure there are other shows that you'd like-don't knock it till you've tried it (unless you have of course). Oh and what about getting into new music? Its not really an activity but its something new at least. Also what about computer games? Go back to the classics-Zelda and Prince of Persia (POP) are incredibly interesting games with brilliant stories and you can get lost in them for hoursssss. Or you could try all the POP games series and all the Zelda ones (but of course Ocarina is the best). And a few beat-em-ups never hurt either, maybe invite someone round to play a bit of Super Smash Bros or Mortal Kombat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    But I'm sure there are other shows that you'd like-don't knock it till you've tried it (unless you have of course). Oh and what about getting into new music? Its not really an activity but its something new at least. Also what about computer games? Go back to the classics-Zelda and Prince of Persia (POP) are incredibly interesting games with brilliant stories and you can get lost in them for hoursssss. Or you could try all the POP games series and all the Zelda ones (but of course Ocarina is the best). And a few beat-em-ups never hurt either, maybe invite someone round to play a bit of Super Smash Bros or Mortal Kombat.
    Poster reminded me - if you don't have spotify already, you need to waste it - that can waste hours of life! I unfortunately got it in the middle of my exams but now would be a far more sensible time to explore, found so much random music because of that site.

Oh and Ocarina of Time... what a classic game that was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    get a job, then you can be paid for being bored
    :rofl:

OP, get a PS3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    :rofl:

OP, get a PS3?
    he said he doesnt have money. before you laugh at others, dont make a fool out of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    he said he doesnt have money. before you laugh at others, dont make a fool out of yourself.
    I was talking about a long term investment.

He will never get bored if he has a PS3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    I was talking about a long term investment.

He will never get bored if he has a PS3.

i suppose. i havnt used mine in ages. (well watch films i did, but not games).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jomo)
    Poster reminded me - if you don't have spotify already, you need to waste it - that can waste hours of life! I unfortunately got it in the middle of my exams but now would be a far more sensible time to explore, found so much random music because of that site.

Oh and Ocarina of Time... what a classic game that was.
    Indeed, Windwaker or any other Zelda game just doesn't measure up to OoT.

ReputationRep:
    Find a girlfriend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.