Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the effects of intensive studying (8-10hrs/day) on the brain? What does this kind of brain stimulation do for the brain. Oh, and by studying I mean, anything and everything.

Furthermore, does anyone know what kind of effects would such studying have on cognitive deficits (or learning disabilities)?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    You may suffer from the following effects:
    # Knowing more.
    # Being tired of reading.
    # Sleepiness.

ReputationRep:
    If you fuel your brain using a good diet and sleep I think all will happen is you will learn alot.

ReputationRep:
    I've never found it to work for me, largely because there's no way in hell I can concentrate for 8-10 hours a day. I do 1 hour a day no more and no less. Never had anything less then an A in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I studied 12 hours a day for my last exams and i felt that you have to sleep well and eat reasonably well but other than that you will get used to it and it will become normal after the first week.

ReputationRep:
    Argghhhh I just died a little seeing 8 - 10 hrs.

No jokes I cannot study for more than an hour at a time and even then with half hour breaks in between or id go mental.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone want or need to study 8-10 hrs a day?

ReputationRep:
    I can do up to about 5-6 hours if I get into it. I think my main problem was my eyes going a bit weird, but if you go for a walk every few hours for a few mins you'll be fine. As well as sleep & eating well.

ReputationRep:
    Can you people posting anything other then the obvious? lol

For instance, find me a scientific study pertaining to my questions.

If you want to be helpful. Otherwise, you're just wasting our time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.