Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What would happen if we decided to start studying (anything and everything) all day long and everyday for several months? What would this do to our brain?

Furthermore, does anyone know what kind of effects such studying has on cognitive deficits (or learning disabilities)? Does it help?

Please feel free to post your thoughts, opinions, links, etc... Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    We'd get tired and find it very difficult to actually retain much information. Wouldn't actually do anything to the brain. Lots of people do it, to be fair, at university and for A levels. I haven't seen anything ever talk about your second question, but I would imagine that you'd find it very difficult to get anyone with any sort of disability to actually take part in it. They'd give up very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's like being at work for a very long time. You'd get tired, not be able to take anything in as said, probably get irritable. I don't know that it'd help people with learning disabilities as they'd probably have it worse than someone without a disability would.

ReputationRep:
    i can't imagine myself doing that..... if i study for 1 whole straight hour.. i shut down.. i tried it before.

ReputationRep:
    I think you meant Pinky and the Brain

brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain
    tum te tum tum tum tum te tum tum tum

:ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    nothing happens, but you retain information if you take breaks during ur study, like when its exam period i study one hour, then go for a walk, whilst im working i try to remeMber what i just did, DO NOT STUDY FOR LONG HOURS WITHOUT TAKING A BREAK, OR ELSE ITS WILL BE POINTLESS

ReputationRep:
    Information goes through one brain and out the other...
    Edit: Well there's an obvious case of what happens if you are too exhuasted.
    Edit 2: Why does the brain get tired when studying anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Are there any "studies" that I can refer to? Please help me find something like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.