Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused about the whole gym setup at the uni. Anyone know how much it is to use the weights studio for a year or is it done in a longer time period. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This year it was £150 for full access to all the gym stuff, for the year. You can get sports club membership (access to the gym halls for teams and racquet sports etc) on its own for about £60, and there is a swimming pass option that gets you discounts in Newcastle city pools, which is another £50 or so I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    This year it was £150 for full access to all the gym stuff, for the year. You can get sports club membership (access to the gym halls for teams and racquet sports etc) on its own for about £60, and there is a swimming pass option that gets you discounts in Newcastle city pools, which is another £50 or so I think.
    gah i still dont think i understand this. I would want to get just swimming and sports (no gym for me!) but im confused as to whether its £55 + £91 or £91 in total for a swimming and recreation membership? cos on the websites it seems to plus on one then total on the other

says http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sport/membership/students.htm

Student - full-time / part-time (undergraduate and postgraduate)

* *Recreation only £55.00 (University smart card is required for identification)
    * + Swimming £91.00
    * + Health and fitness suites £155.00
    * + Swimming and health and fitness suites £180.00

Then here it says http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sport/membership/faq/students.htm
    There is a choice of 4 different levels of memberships:

The basic Recreation membership (£55.00) - A mandatory membership which all users must take out. It entitles you to use indoor and outdoor facilities either owned or hired by the university to play squash, badminton, football etc. It also entitles you to enrol on the exercise classes (there is an additional charge for each class).

The Recreation and Swimming membership (£91.00) - An additional Swimming Scheme Card is required to be collected from the Sports Centre Reception when you take out membership and this, produced along with your University SMART Card, entitles you to swim at a subsidised cost of just £1.00 each time you visit the Newcastle Leisure Pools(City, Elswick, Outer West, East End and Gosforth).

The Recreation and Health and Fitness membership (£155.00) - Entitles you to use the cardiovascular suite and weights room. The induction is included in the cost of your membership. All of our users will receive an induction booklet in an electronic format and/or can choose to go through an induction with one of our qualified staff in the Fitness Suite (An additional charge of £6.00 is payable if you have to rebook your induction without giving prior notice of cancellation or fail to turn up for your appointment.)

The Recreation, Health and Fitness and Swimming membership (£180.00) allows you to use all of the above facilities. Taking out this full membership in the first instance means you benefit from a discounted rate of £11.00 which is not available for those wishing to add to their membership at a later date.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.