Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I currently am using dermologica products for my face (Skin Smoothing cream and solar defence booster sun cream

I have realised both these products are very expensive - the skin smoothing cream costs me £26 + and the sun care one is around £30+ very expensive - I would buy more if they supplied more which means that the creams run out very quickly so someone please help me find cheap products. Whenever I come out of the shower my skin feels dry someone told me the more natural the product's ingredients is, the better.

Also I have researched about cocobutter oil/cream is that any good?

Please note that I have had laser surgery so I am not sure how the products you recommend will react on my skin - so any creams that would be good with my laser treatments please let me know!

So help me TSR as I am running out of creams!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I use baby lotion and it works perfectly fine on my skin. If your skin is more dry, try a thicker cream like nivea or diprobase (avaliable in most drugstores).

ReputationRep:
    I use the Garnier Soft range in winter and at the moment I'm using the No7 range. I've found either of those to be quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps try products by NeoStrata - they don't really contain natural ingredients but they are designed for use post procedure (laser surgery etc). It's also designed for use on generally fragile/delicate skin and so after I'd tested the tube I was sent I gave it to my gran (who has really sensitive skin, barely has to touch something and she bruises!) who found it fantastic, really soothing.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite facial moisturiser is Olay multiradiance fluid. It's only around £8 and comes with SPF 15.

ReputationRep:
    olay have a super cheap one for around £4 which is really good. it's called Olay beauty fluid, non-greasy moisturising fluid.

i use the normal/dry/combination skin one, and it makes your skin soo soft! also it dries super quickly so it's not greasy at all. you can also use it as a base for make up i you wish.

ReputationRep:
    cool - thanks girls.

I have also noticed that when I use the sun cream on it's own my skin turns out really dry or feels really dry- I will continue to do my research but I don't get it my skin has been feeling really dry lately :-/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.