Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that the UCAS Site sometimes updates those on a conditional before the results go out officially. So like, conditionals become unconditionals and so on. Is this true?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    No
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    The online results are on the 13th right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe1991)
    No, read Scottish Qualifications, (as above), then maybe you will understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe1991)
    No, the 5th for us

ReputationRep:
    The unis get them slightly earlier than us to start to check if conditionals are met ect, but they can't tell you them or confirm the places before the 5th.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, fair enough, it is just my mum mentioned that the status changed last year for some people she knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieNewton)
    Oh, fair enough, it is just my mum mentioned that the status changed last year for some people she knew.
    Yeah, i seem to remember a few people last year getting unconditionals updated a few days before the results.. but according to the admissions person i asked thats what they have been told.

ReputationRep:
    According to the ucas email a few days ago, track is 'closed' until wednesday i.e. no updates, but I know of people getting letters through from their firm unis confirming their place a few days before. Not heard of anyone getting that this year though

ReputationRep:
    Wait I'm confused, I was under the impression that UCAS updates on Wednesday after 00:00 AM. So staying up for the night would make sense. Am I in the wrong here?

EDIT: Nvm, OP meant before Wednesday 00:00 AM. But my question still stands, just to double check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkraver)
    Wait I'm confused, I was under the impression that UCAS updates on Wednesday after 00:00 AM. So staying up for the night would make sense. Am I in the wrong here?

EDIT: Nvm, OP meant before Wednesday 00:00 AM. But my question still stands, just to double check.
    I don't know. I doubt even if they could it wouldn't actually be updated at midnight...just have to wait and see though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    I don't know. I doubt even if they could it wouldn't actually be updated at midnight...just have to wait and see though!
    I'm quite sure it does though, maybe not at like 02:30 or something but if I recall correctly, some people have had their UCAS update like a hour or so before 08:00.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    For A Level results, Track will not update until after 7am - although this depends on your uni telling UCAS in good time. So if they took a while to decide, it may not update by then even if your friend's has.

For Scottish results, everything is the same but a few weeks earlier. So Track won't update until after 7am.

ReputationRep:
    It might not update, but my postcode is living proof that you can get results a day early.

So yeah.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.