Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So, other than my course I would like to learn German while I'm at RHUL so I was wondering if this option was available and if anyone had any further information on the matter?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rhul.ac.uk/international/...ses/German.htm

Try this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie18)
    http://www.rhul.ac.uk/international/...ses/German.htm

Try this
    Thanks a lot! It's damn cheap - £30.

ReputationRep:
    That's really great value. I know that UoL run 10 week min language courses at UCL, but I think even with the UoL discount it costs much more than 30X4 for such a long stretch, then add the travel costs too. I would love to do Italian as I'll already be doing French and Spanish and it would seem to tie in. Unfortunately although Italian is on the degree list it isn't included in these extra classes. But I would love to learn a little German.

ReputationRep:
    How did I not know about that? Damn :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'll be learning French!
    But I think I'll have to begin it next year because according to their schedule thingy on the website the course starts on the 29/9 so it might be a lot to take in in the first week... or maybe it's quite easy at the beginning so it won't be too much? What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanda_R)
    Yay I'll be learning French!
    But I think I'll have to begin it next year because according to their schedule thingy on the website the course starts on the 29/9 so it might be a lot to take in in the first week... or maybe it's quite easy at the beginning so it won't be too much? What do you guys think?
    Well, if you look at the break up of what you'll be learning each term, the first term seems quite simple and not too time consuming. I think first year is the best time to do as much as you really want to do as it doesn't count. You can then tailor your ECs to what you really feel you can do for your second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Well, if you look at the break up of what you'll be learning each term, the first term seems quite simple and not too time consuming. I think first year is the best time to do as much as you really want to do as it doesn't count. You can then tailor your ECs to what you really feel you can do for your second year.
    Yeah that makes sense... I'll have a think about it - the first few weeks do seem pretty easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanda_R)
    Yeah that makes sense... I'll have a think about it - the first few weeks do seem pretty easy!
    I think it's a damn good investment for your future at only £30. Language courses normally cost a bucket load!

ReputationRep:
    I had thought about postponing it till the second year. But that will be a more trying academic year anyway so it seems to make more sense to take it in the first year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 3, 2009

University open days

1. Royal Holloway University of London
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Royal Holloway University of London
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.