Turn on thread page Beta

Mind your step: it’s a yobs’ night at the theatre watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6736114.ece

Oi! Behave yourselves!

On a serious point, has anyone seen this sort of behaviour at a theatre?

ReputationRep:
    Fortuantly the worst I've seen is someone taking photographs, urinatng and pleasuring your partners in a theatre is disgusting :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    I've luckily never witnessed anything too bad, just people talking or on their mobile phones.

I think audiences who behave badly should all be LuPWNed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGoSc8HS2WE
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OMG i was gonna say LuPwned :emo:

beaten to it and its only been 4 posts. gahhh. fml.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ive never experienced anything like sex or pissing or anything, just people texting, taking photos and andswering their phones.

one day, when im a rich theatre producer, i'm gonna make of a list of rules for my shows lol. it's gonna be massive. i'm annoyed by everything in theatre that isnt pure still silence lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)

one day, when im a rich theatre producer, i'm gonna make of a list of rules for my shows lol. it's gonna be massive. i'm annoyed by everything in theatre that isnt pure still silence lol.
    :yes: Definitely do this. I have to restrain myself from near enough going and assaulting these rude people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleSummer)
    I think audiences who behave badly should all be LuPWNed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGoSc8HS2WE
    Jeez... reminds these ********s that they're not at the cinema and the person performing can see and fight back! I do think she takes it a bit too far though as it means she ends up out of character for a long time.
    Interesting list of rules of theatre etiquette here.

ReputationRep:
    I have never experienced that at any production I've seen, whether it be a stage show or a comedian. Sometimes a little heckling or someone taking pictures, but the comedian has sorted them out in the show.

ReputationRep:
    Texting I've seen... though only quite a way back, never near the front of the theatre. Last week I was watching a show - actually I could count three texters within a few metres radius of my seat.. not good.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, what is the world coming to!

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with texting

ReputationRep:
    I've heard about people being 'caught out' at the theatre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Whats wrong with texting
    It causes your phone to light up (which in turn illuminates yourself) which is distracting to other people? It's also distracting to the performers if they can see it although they probably can't, with the many kilowatts of theatre lights shining at them.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who eat loudly....I hate smelling alcohol from people...i hate mobile phones going off....i hate when people laugh prentiously...hate people texting...hate when people talk.....

Saw the vagina monolgues recently and jessie wallace performed a monologue about rape and gential mutilation in an african accent........some people laughed and giggled the whole way through it like it was a comedy:dontknow: ...thankfully jenni eclair who was also performing swore and insulted them.......closest i will ever get to a Lupone moment

finally the things that annoys me most which i fins totally rude and incosiderate to not only any performer but also the audience.....people arriving late like wtf

ReputationRep:
    I work in a theatre, and I spend half my life explaining to people that they can't take photos, that they need to put their phones away etc. I get so much abuse for it too, so many people threaten to complain about me for it!!! We've signs up EVERYWHERE in the theatre saying specifically no photos in the auditorium, and we make announcements over the tannoy, but they still do it. I'm glad I know the law on photography in private property as I can throw it back at them, not to mention that the show is copyrighted, as is the sound and lighting.

And what the Times says about youths is bull - I find it's the 30-50 year old crowds that cause the most problems.

And I think Texting is rude more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleSummer)
    I've luckily never witnessed anything too bad, just people talking or on their mobile phones.

It never gets old! I'd probably wet myself if she was LuPwning me! :p:

Edit: Patti Lupone remix lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Wh6DAFpW4&NR=1

My mum got her phone out when we went to see Company and we were in the front row of an extremely small space and the performers could probably see the light because the theatre was so dark and I couldn't even whisper to tell her to stop so I nudged her a lot until she put it away. :mad:

What's so urgent that you can't wait until the interval/end of the show for?

To the person who saw the Vagina Monolouges, where is it being performed? I've wanted to see it forever!

ReputationRep:
    its on a uk tour atm....such a good show i have to admit i loved it so much

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a load of bull. Ok so a few things happened, so what? Decent shows are on 8 performances a week and there are A LOT of decent shows out there. Young people that go to the theatre are not generally 'yobs' but are interested in culture and theare. I'm sure 'yobs' A) would not be interested in seeing a theatre production and B) wouldnt fork out for the programme let alone a 60 quid ticket.

I must agree the amount of photos, videos and audios around is staggering.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.