The Student Room Group

Gf vs friend: Triangle love...Help!!

Ok, so im a 20-year-old guy.

Me and my current gf have been going out for 4 years now. However, both of us are extremely possessive and get very jealous when any of each talk with someone of the opposite gender. However, being a guy, im always interested in building friendships with girls, and lie to my gf that i don't talk to girls and stuff (when i always do). In this way, i've come to make many good girl pals. Out of these friends, one girl (girl X, say), is very close friend to me and we talk quite often (i deny all of this to my gf).

Me and my gf being so possessive, i doubt whether i can really be happy with her forever. But we truly love each other. I feel girl X is attracted towards me, and i also kinda fancy her. I feel i would be happier with girl X than my gf. However, i am sooo confused and i don't wanna lose a true lover based on confusion.

Please tell me what to do now!!
Reply 1
btw, thanks for reading the long stuff...
Sort out the jealousy before making any decisions. Of course a girl who isn't going psycho every time you talk to another girl is going to see more attractive than your current girlfriend.

I'm pretty surprised you lasted four years.
Reply 3
Quite ironic that your girlfriend is possessive presumably because she doesn't want you flirting / wanting to be with another girl and yet here you are.

However if you're possessive too then it makes sense to be with your girlfriend. It's a very undesirable trait to have and girl X would probably be put off by it once you started dating.
Reply 4
relationships are based on trust clearly your gf cant trust you if you lie to her and there is deff no room in relatiosnhip for that much jealousy. the relationship with your gf is doomed. You shouldnt dump her for the other girl thought because might not work out with her then you will spend years wondering if you should stayed with the first girl
Reply 5
So you admit you dont like her seeing other guys meerly as friends, yet here you are saying you fancy a mate you have met behind your gfs back.......
Reply 6
You want to get your prioritys sorted out, sunshine.

If you can't trust your partner to TALK to people of the opposite gender you have NO relationship. Fact.

Latest

Trending

Trending