Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Birthdays are crap watch

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly having birthdays is probably just about preferable to not having birthdays (i.e. Death) but frankly I hate them.

I'm about 10 fold more depressed compared to my disposition on any ordinary day.

Who agrees with me?

ReputationRep:
    yup im like that i hate my birthday. the night before i think this year will be good have all these plans and turns out to be rubbish

ReputationRep:
    They are vastly over-rated. People think they have to do something special, and often not because they want to but because its expect. I like birthdays, though, but not the "huge party/incredible night out" (which is never as good as its worked up to be)

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday?

Don't like them either.

ReputationRep:
    I agree! They're kinda boring past 21, anyway. No one really cares after you're 21!

ReputationRep:
    I stopped enjoying my birthdays when I was like 11.

ReputationRep:
    amen !

ReputationRep:
    aww cheer up mr or mrs happy, whichever the case may be

ReputationRep:
    I like birthdays, but I like to have them my own way and I get easily upset/annoyed on it. If I'm going to celebrate my birthday then I'll do it on another day instead just so it doesn't feel ruined if it goes wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    I agree! They're kinda boring past 21, anyway. No one really cares after you're 21!
    Yes I suppose it won't be long until pointless kitchen accessories become acceptable presents. Growing old is an abomination.

ReputationRep:
    The thing that's more depressing about birthdays is the people who take age way too seriously like the ones who call themselves "TwenTEEN" just so they can still be a teenager.

Naturally, they were crushed when I told them that isn't how age works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    The thing that's more depressing about birthdays is the people who take age way too seriously like the ones who call themselves "TwenTEEN" just so they can still be a teenager.

Naturally, they were crushed when I told them that isn't how age works.
    Oh yes this is me exactly. Though I haven't quite sunk to those depths....I'm more tempted to still say I'm 23 at least for a few months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats_have_teats)
    Oh yes this is me exactly. Though I haven't quite sunk to those depths....I'm more tempted to still say I'm 23 at least for a few months.
    24 isn't even old, tbh. When you get to around 28, then you've got issues.

ReputationRep:
    ou guys need to cheer up. Its just another day, if you want it to be special don't force it!

ReputationRep:
    Not me. I'm not fond of self-indulgent whiny crap. Life's too short. Carpe diem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrmondDrone)
    Not me. I'm not fond of self-indulgent whiny crap. Life's too short. Carpe diem.
    Oh get out of my self-indulgent and whiny thread. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Crap gifts, arguments, thinking where has the last year of my life gone? 'Teen years are some of the best of your life'....

ReputationRep:
    Does everybody also suffer from the:

Person: "I bet you're well excited What are you going to do for your birthday? :awesome:"
    You: "Nothing. :indiff:"

problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Does everybody also suffer from the:

Person: "I bet you're well excited What are you going to do for your birthday? :awesome:"
    You: "Nothing. :indiff:"

problem?
    Yes, annually.

ReputationRep:
    Birthdays pretty much suck, except for mine of course.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.