Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: What do you think of guys winking at you?? watch

Announcements

Im not a winker myself, just wanted to know what you thought of guys doing it.

I'd like to know this too. I'm always tempted to do it when I'm on a train/bus that's about to depart and the girl I like is outside, but I always manage to stop myself for fear of looking a creep.

ReputationRep:
    you got something in your eye

ReputationRep:
    depends, if its a fit guy and he does with style then it works, but ugly guys just look like creepy pervs...

ReputationRep:
    I like this actually. I'd probably just smile back at you.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I love it. Winked at by a cute guy when he's passing on the bus/train/car always makes me smile....unless done by an overweight not so cute old man....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I like this actually. I'd probably just smile back at you.
    Wouldn't him just smiling at you be marginally less creepy :tongue:?

ReputationRep:
    depends how hot he is..it would make me smile..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    Wouldn't him just smiling at you be marginally less creepy :tongue:?
    No, I'd prefer a wink to a smile, unless you have an amazing smile :yep:

I love winks

I have a secret thing for guys who use winks in a friendly as opposed to flirty way - as in they'll wink at their guy mates, or they'll wink at their neighbours or they'll wink at ya mum. Just a cheeky conspiratorial wink, it makes me think that person is funny and friendly. And I think it's nice to wink at someone even if you don't fancy them (ie they're an old lady) cause obv they know you don't have a crush on them but it makes em feel special.

ReputationRep:
    Would either make me smile, or think "uhh... wha?!" Depends how he does it...

Usually makes me smile if he's noticed me noticing him before he winks, or if he does it after i've done something maybe, embarrassing or thought no-one saw.
    If it was the first time i'd made eye contact/saw him i'd be a little freaked out..

p.s, also of course depends on the age of the guy and if he looks a bit er... pervy.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I love a cheeky wink when walking past some girls. But thats me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_weeza)
    Personally, I love it. Winked at by a cute guy when he's passing on the bus/train/car always makes me smile....unless done by an overweight not so cute old man....
    Really? So if a fat person winks at you you'll blatantly blank him? Poor middle aged person

I wouldn't have a problem with some old or ugly guy winking at me. It's just a bit of fun, and I don't think it necessarily means "hey I'm perving on you!"

ReputationRep:
    well if a cute guy does it i think its quiet sexc, however if an ugly did it i would be rather freaked out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    Really? So if a fat person winks at you you'll blatantly blank him? Poor middle aged person
    lol i didnt mean it like that. If someone was overweight but could still have that cute cheeky wink, then not a problem. I meant the overweight, old man PERVY wink variety.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm quite a self conscious person so I'd just think they're looking at someone else..or I'll just smile embarrassingly and run off lol

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered about winking, but it's not really my thing, I'm quite shy anyway and I can't wink, I feel stupid and uncomfortable winking and usually think when a guy winks at a girl he is acting a bit smug or a bit of a big head, but then again I've only ever seen those kind of guys wink at girls and the girls usually don't like it unless they're at a club and have had a bit to drink.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, funniest neg rep i've got :

Girls: What do you thin... 02-08-2009 14:04 that was shallow, how do u define ugly? If i say fat or skinny girls are uglay, isnt that shallow?
    People do suicide with commet like that cause they get upset

yes beacuse people would read my comment and think 'oh she said she doesn't like ugly guys winking, ill kill myself now'

ReputationRep:
    personally I love it.... there is something rather nice about a man who winks...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.