Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: What do you think of guys winking at you?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Okay, but, is winking style important?

Because some people wink, and their whole face scrunches up, and some people can do it without any movement of the rest of their face?!!?
    Yeah, winking style is important otherwise I might just assume he's not quite right in the head.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the harm in a wink?
    If you want to wink at someone who you're most likely not going to have a conversation with [if they're on a train and you're on the platform] then you dont have to stick around for their 'urgh, you wish mate' face.

I think a wink is fine.
    As long as it looks like a wink, and not a twitch.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno i think it can be dead nice.
    But if its a creepy old man its quite funny, stupid pervs :P

ReputationRep:
    i love it providing he's good looking...it has to be subtle and quick wink with a nice smile...not a long pervy one...yup i love it!!

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit creepy and I don't really like what it may imply.

ReputationRep:
    I HATE it.
    And people beeping in theirs cars too.
    **** off please i'm trying to walk here.
    :P

ReputationRep:
    i guess if the wink seems effortless, coming from a normal cute guy then why the hell not...but if its a pervy weird man then no thanx lol

ReputationRep:
    I probably either think "Oh crap I look stupid/ my skirt's tucked into my pants/ he's mocking me in some way" or "Creep" seeing as my dad and some of his friends wink at me :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    i love how cute guys can wink and girls love it, but a less good looking or overweight person would immediately be a perv.

meh.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime a guy winks at me, I think: Well, he only wants one thing from me.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if he was fit and sexy. If not, then the wink would just make me cringe and think of older men who want some action from young girls.

ReputationRep:
    Another word comes to mind, desperate maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy, as some guys give a sexy wink and i love that!!!
    However other guys give pervy winks and i don't like that so much..

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky winking FTW.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why are they doing it to me? Also it can't be at me, must be the girl behind me. OR feeling embarassed they've done that, and walk away.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the guy, and the situation tbh, but I think I'd like it if I was on the lookout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I had no idea so many people liked winking. I've personally always thought it was cheap and sleazy, and the kind of thing reserved for creepy old men. Each to their own though I suppose, but I can't stand people who wink.
    your sig (the TSR definition) is incredible
    if i had rep today i would
    also, wheres it from?

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, you have got to be good looking to not be a pervert.

ReputationRep:
    A cheeky wink preceded by a lighthearted joke or comment is very sexy.

I think from people I haven't spoken to they tend to unnerve me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Long story short, you have got to be good looking to not be a pervert.

You've got it.
    Personally, I love being winked at. I act all insulted and creeped out when men do wink at me, but it makes me feel happy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.