Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those who are going to study in the UK in 2010.
    Have you decided what you will study?When will you start your applications?For which universities are you going for?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    Have you decided what you will study?When will you start your applications?For which universities are you going for?:cool:
    I'm probably studying Law. I'm not sure when I'll be starting my applications, but Cambridge and Birmingham will very likely be on my list.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by python38)
    I'm probably studying Law. I'm not sure when I'll be starting my applications, but Cambridge and Birmingham will very likely be on my list.

How about you?
    engineering.maybe i will see you at cambridge .have you decided the college?

ReputationRep:
    engineering.maybe i will see you at cambridge .have you decided the college?
    Not yet. I haven't even visited Cambridge before, and it's unlikely I'll be able to do so before the UCAS deadline, so I'll have to do some research on the Internet first.

What's Engineering like? -curious- Drawing up blueprints of buildings and stuff, then actually seeing what you've designed be built, sounds pretty interesting (as you can guess, I don't know all that much about it :p:.)

ReputationRep:
    I've decided what to study (languages) and have an idea of where I'd like to go (Durham, Sheffield, Portsmouth, Nottingham, UCL and possibly Cambridge are on my list) but I'm waiting for my AS results before deciding for definite.

Not really sure what you mean by start my application? I've already started filling in the UCAS stuff, and I guess I'll send it off in October.

What about you, OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by python38)
    Not yet. I haven't even visited Cambridge before, and it's unlikely I'll be able to do so before the UCAS deadline, so I'll have to do some research on the Internet first.

What's Engineering like? -curious- Drawing up blueprints of buildings and stuff, then actually seeing what you've designed be built, sounds pretty interesting (as you can guess, I don't know all that much about it :p:.)
    I will do electrical engineering actually.What you describe is like civil engineering i guess.lol
    Do you know how long after applying they make an offer?

ReputationRep:
    when do we have to sort out tuition/acommodation??

ReputationRep:
    I will do electrical engineering actually.What you describe is like civil engineering i guess.lol
    Do you know how long after applying they make an offer?
    I think they should have it on the UCAS site, but you might want to double-check on the Cambridge one as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    when do we have to sort out tuition/acommodation??
    you apply for accommodation in may-june i think

ReputationRep:
    I've already decided what to apply for and where, (see sig) but then again I've had an extra year or so to consider it as I'm having a Gap Year!
    I'll probably start my application in September and get it sent off in October so I can get it out of the way

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying Geography at hopefully either Bristol, St. Andrews, Durham, Exeter or Nottingham. I have started filling out my UCAS which is pretty confusing if i'm honest. I am not looking forward to writing my personal statement, that does not look like fun.

ReputationRep:
    I will be applying for law and history at Edinburgh and Aberdeen, not sure where else I am applying to. I have already written my PS (I am reapplying) and will probably get my application off asap.

ReputationRep:
    Thusfar, I know I'll be applying for English at Cambridge, St. Andrews and Durham - I haven't decided which other universities I'll go for. I've been doing a lot of reading and have been studying and practicing (practical criticism etc.) since July, and have also started working on my personal statement a few weeks ago. Not that I have anything on paper yet, but I'm trying almost daily :p:

ReputationRep:
    If your starting university in 2010. Your school or college will contact you in your final year (2009 - 2010) and the UCAS form will begin to get filled out around Ocotober - December. You will then get notified of your acceptances from January - May and you can then continue to make arrangements needed to attend the university.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, people! :hi:

I'll be applying for History and Politics at (hopefully) Warwick! I've done my first draft of my personal statement; just need to edit and stuff and I've set up my account on the UCAS site with the school.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm applying to do Mathematics at Warwick, St Andrews, Bristol, Nottingham and either York/Manchester/Leicester (hopefully)

I'm currently attempting to do my first draft on my personal statement but it's not going too well as I keep putting it off to do other things as I hate writing essays and things like that (I'm not exactly brilliant at English either).

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying this year too. I will try to send the application as quickly as I can although I haven't prepared the personal statement yet. I will just try to be enthusiastic and try to prove that I am well prepared for Uni.
    I hope to study Chemical Engineering at Heriot-Watt, University of Edinburgh or University of Aberdeen.
    I think that i would most like to study at Heriot-Watt because it has good engineering courses and the campus is located outside the city.

ReputationRep:
    Mines pretty much ready to send, will just need to redraft my PS after the holidays. (My school made me, I'm not an uber geek), and where I'm applying is in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    Music, still not too sure where about exactly but have done first draft of PS already =]

ReputationRep:
    It's a law application for myself; I will begin my application process after August 20, as I want my AS results first.

There sure are a lot of people in this thread applying to Cambridge!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.