The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any of the top 20
Reply 2
The one you're at (whichever it is today).
Reply 3
De Montfort, probably. Lower unis get my funding (it seems), and DMU is going up.
Kent, which is my insurance.
Would stretch to Birmingham if I had to.
Bristol I s'pose.
Reply 7
Best to base it on the rankings for the subject you want to study. E.g. kent might not be that high for the general rankings, but from what i can remember it was at a repectable position in the subject rankings for law.
Reply 8
Reading (well Reading's ICMA centre)
This thread will just make some people feel rubbish. My firm is birmingham, my insurance birmingham city. I chose both because they offer the course I have my heart set on studying.

Regardless of what anyone says, any degree is better than no degree, for the knowledge and life experiences you gain. Attending oxford/cambridge does not make you a better/more intelligent than anyone else. Grades are not a measure of intelligence, and if attending somewhere like this would mean being surrounded by and becoming a snob, I would rather go to the lowest ranked uni there is.
Any which offers the course i wanted to do.
Reply 11
hayyleyy
This thread will just make some people feel rubbish. My firm is birmingham, my insurance birmingham city. I chose both because they offer the course I have my heart set on studying.

Regardless of what anyone says, any degree is better than no degree, for the knowledge and life experiences you gain.

That's not necessarily true. I was speaking to a an employer who was saying that he'd prefer to employ someone without a degree than someone with a degree from a rubbish university.
Reply 12
I'd have been happy to attend the very lowest, if it were right for me.
T. Hereford
That's not necessarily true. I was speaking to a an employer who was saying that he'd prefer to employ someone without a degree than someone with a degree from a rubbish university.

And you would actually want to work for this employer?
well my fiirm is bath and insurance is Bristol, but dude it depends what course your doing, i looked at the times website and some of the courses that the lower unis offer have a higher success rate to some of the top 20, but if i had to chose id say bournmoth
-checks the rankings as they stand now-

68th according to the Times Good University Guide is apparantly the lowest ranking uni I'd be happy with, seeing as that's the one I hope to be going to :p:
Oh man... define "happy" OP. Because I can think of many unis, but it depends on the kind of happiness.
Reply 17
Goldsmiths, University of London - simply because it's part of UoL.
Other than that, Reading probably.
btw dude im going to study Accounting and Finance this year as well
Reply 19
2nd, possibly 3rd.

:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending