Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the lowest ranking university you would be happy to attend Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Our favourite clown decided to send me another love note:

"Cleverer than me? In your dreams! I think you're the pathetic one not me.

Bye. "

LOL how can we compete with your unrivalled intellect with your 2:1s from Durham, Leeds, Birmingham, LSE or whereve else you've attended.

4 BScs? Not bad for a 14 year old
    You missed out Edinburgh, Nottingham and Manchester.
    He sends me love notes too- he accused me of trying to ban him from a thread. I really don't think he knows how computers work... poor thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    You missed out Edinburgh, Nottingham and Manchester.He sends me love notes too- he accused me of trying to ban him from a thread. I really don't think he knows how computers work... poor thing.
    Nah I missed them out on purpose. You see as our resident Cassanova stated on another thread, Edinburgh and Nottingham and Manchester are so similar to each other in terms of size and diversity that there's just nothing between them and the rankings would be irrelevant.

Besides I thought they were too "low ranked" for the OP to even consider them.

Infact every university in the world is probably too low ranked, tertiary education is biggest loser here.

ReputationRep:
    You missed out Edinburgh, Nottingham and Manchester.
    He sends me love notes too- he accused me of trying to ban him from a thread. I really don't think he knows how computers work... poor thing.

Oh look, it's the self-rightous brothers.:rolleyes: Both of you really need to get over yourselves. You're both very full of your own importance. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    Oh look, it's the self-rightous brothers.:rolleyes: Both of you really need to get over yourselves. You're both very full of your own importance. :rolleyes:
    Nah, I just don't like liars. I also don't like people who fraudulently claim to know what they're on about when it misleads people. In addition, those who refuse to take a telling and continue to spout the same rubbish time and time again don't sit well with me. You fall into all three categories.

ReputationRep:
    Derby, what does everyone else feel about derby?

ReputationRep:
    I got another love note:

Yes, whatever. You don't know me and never will so you can say anything you want. I really couldn't care less.

See ya.

Oh please tell me more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Derby, what does everyone else feel about derby?
    Nice enough town/city. Football team used to be one of the big names under Brian Clough but in recent years haven't been quite able to stake a regular place in the Premier League and the glory days seem a distant past.

As for the university it ain't a bad place at all. A mate of mine did law there and just completed his Barrister examinations so it hasn't obviously hindered him and Derby Uni have linked up with Nottingham to provide a medical school for graduate students so Derby's doing alright.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I just don't like liars. I also don't like people who fraudulently claim to know what they're on about when it misleads people. In addition, those who refuse to take a telling and continue to spout the same rubbish time and time again don't sit well with me. You fall into all three categories.
    You and your friend Warrior King just fall into one category - arrogance beyond belief! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got another love note:

Yes, whatever. You don't know me and never will so you can say anything you want. I really couldn't care less.

See ya.

Oh please tell me more.
    You've got more than I have. It looks like I've been dumped. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    any uni outside top5 for subject definately. to be honest theres only 6 id be happy with, lse, oxbridge, warwick, ucl, and imperial.

if you take happy out it might be a bigger list.

ReputationRep:
    You and your friend Warrior King just fall into one category - arrogance beyond belief! :rolleyes:
    Erm...I hate to rain on your parade but that's an expression, not a category and if it were a category it would only be one category so you've told us yet another lie.

You make Richard Nixon look like Sai Baba.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be right and called arrogant as a result than someone who sinks so low as to lie on an internet forum about the university they go to in order to make them feel good about themselves...

ReputationRep:
    You've got more than I have. It looks like I've been dumped. :sad:
    The thing is I'm into ladies and not guys but I don't have the heart to tell him

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you must be really stupid if you've got a 2:1 from every redbrick, Russell Group, 1994 group, Oxbridge and Ivy League University and yet spend your days on an internet forum?

I mean from all those qualifications shouldn't you have been like CEO of a top 4 Investment Bank or something and literally loaded and be much too busy cruising the streets in your Porsche picking up girls or jet setting in your private jet?

Oh wait, you lied about all that too!

D'oh!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 26 nearly 27 and still can't drive yet. All my friends have been driving for about 10 years. I've had driving lessons in the past but have had to stop because they were so expensive. It gets really embarassing becuase I tell people my age and when I say I can't drive they jsut give me this look of shock. Last Christmas I worked in a supermarket as a temp and told one of my collegues who was 17 that I coul;dn't drive. He was like ''what, you are joking aren't you, you're winding me up!'' He didn't believe me for a few days he seriously thought I was pullign his leg!!

The problem is I'm quite a shy person and get extremely nervous when I had driving lessons. That's partly why I stopped.

What shall I do because it's getting really embarassing not being able to drive at my age?
    Shy and nervous? No! Who'd have guessed?

ReputationRep:
    Whichever makes me look cool on these forums.

ReputationRep:
    Shy and nervous? No! Who'd have guessed?

That was a lond time ago. Now, I'm full of confidence. I learnt it from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Whichever makes me look cool on these forums.
    ha, ha!!!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is really dumb. I went to the Uni of Lincoln and thats rated pretty low (mid 80s i think), yet i'm doing just fine for myself. I have a place on a med course at Newcastle and was also offered a well paying job as a direct result of my degree.

These people saying no degree is better than one from a low ranked uni have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I know several employers (most of my family are) and the general consensus is that whilst obviously a degree from Oxbridge is better than a degree from somewhere like Lincoln, it is mainly the classification they look for. They have said they would employ someone with a first at Lincoln over someone with a third from Oxford.

Students who graduated from low ranked unis are certainly at a disadvantage in the jobs market, but they can definitely make it up through obtaining work experience, having an excellent CV and getting a good degree classification.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be right and called arrogant as a result than someone who sinks so low as to lie on an internet forum about the university they go to in order to make them feel good about themselves...
    It looks like I've been put in my place lol:

Firstly, I don't want to know you either so at least we agree on something. Also, you're use of English is appalling to say the least.

''you ain't gonna get anywhere in life''.

What kind of written English is that?

''ain't'' and ''gonna'' are not certainly not words I would use when writing becuase I have passed my G.C.S.E. English Language and English Literature exams. Who's the 14 year old now?

I'm starting to think that you're a liar. I doubt someone who attends or is a graduate of a prestigious university such as Exeter would ever use the words ''ain't'' and ''gonna'' when writing.

Looks like you've been caught out.

Oh my God you passed GCSE English! and to think they gave Bob Geldof a knighthood for much less.

ain't and gonna are acceptable words in the English language and with it being so late in the evening and an internet forum, I didn't think scrutinising grammar was necessary.

Although thank you very much for calling Exeter a prestigious university. It is very humbling and a huge honour to have such an experienced, well qualified and intellectual individual as yourself having attended every university in the Western world to confer the title of prestigious on the university which I attend.

Thank you Sir. May God smile upon you good and oh so kind sir.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.