Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the lowest ranking university you would be happy to attend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    It looks like I've been put in my place lol:

Firstly, I don't want to know you either so at least we agree on something. Also, you're use of English is appalling to say the least.

''you ain't gonna get anywhere in life''.

What kind of written English is that?

''ain't'' and ''gonna'' are not certainly not words I would use when writing becuase I have passed my G.C.S.E. English Language and English Literature exams. Who's the 14 year old now?

I'm starting to think that you're a liar. I doubt someone who attends or is a graduate of a prestigious university such as Exeter would ever use the words ''ain't'' and ''gonna'' when writing.

Looks like you've been caught out.

Oh my God you passed GCSE English! and to think they gave Bob Geldof a knighthood for much less.

ain't and gonna are acceptable words in the English language and with it being so late in the evening and an internet forum, I didn't think scrutinising grammar was necessary.

Although thank you very much for calling Exeter a prestigious university. It is very humbling and a huge honour to have such an experienced, well qualified and intellectual individual as yourself having attended every university in the Western world to confer the title of prestigious on the university which I attend.

Thank you Sir. May God smile upon you good and oh so kind sir.
    Thank you for your kind words. They nearly brought a tear to my eye. I think we should end on a positive note. Good night.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford? Cambridge? Those two upitty polytechnics?

Real men settle for nothing less than Harvard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    Oxford? Cambridge? Those two upitty polytechnics?

Real men settle for nothing less than Harvard.
    Ah yes but if you're a God then you'd know that Brown is the only place. Harvard for men, Brown for Gods! Bwahahha. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    Thank you for your kind words. They nearly brought a tear to my eye. I think we should end on a positive note. Good night.
    It never started. Everyone (including) knows you're a liar. We just enjoyed playing along with the game.

Sweet dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes but if you're a God then you'd know that Brown is the only place. Harvard for men, Brown for Gods! Bwahahha. :cool:
    But the League Tables.

The League Tables! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    But the League Tables.

The League Tables! D:
    The League Tables are written by bunch low grade ninkumpoops who attended low ranked universities (as specified by the Glorious OP) and hence their information is factually and fundamentally inaccurate beyond all recognition.

Besides you're at York, I'm at Exeter, we're low ranked in the eyes of the OP. We have no right to even discuss this matter.

Now bow in respect to our master...T.Hereford..... The gentleman who put the Russell in the Russell Group.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what course I apply for. I'd really like to study medicine and if I did, I'd be more than happy whichever university I got into for it, as I've heard how difficult it is to get a place and how competitive it is. Plus all universities that offer medicine are supposed to be excellent anyway. However if I was applying for a course that has a lower post grad employment rate I'd set my sights as high as I could, hopefully not going below the top 20. I'm sorry if that sounds stuck up, and I hesitate to bite my tongue when I say this as I haven't even started A Levels yet, but hopefully that's what I'll get
    *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    In the top 10 for my course, there were 3 universities I fell in love with when I visited them I'm sure I'll love them all the more when I get there. I'm going to a top 5 uni for my course, and basically top 5 overall in the country.

I would not be happy with anything outside the top 5 for my course, definitely not. I would feel all my exam results will have gone to waste if that happens, which is why I HAVE to make my firm offer or else I'm reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    Where I am Sunderland ranked - 84
    For my medicine degree anywhere that will have me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayyleyy)
    This thread will just make some people feel rubbish. My firm is birmingham, my insurance birmingham city. I chose both because they offer the course I have my heart set on studying.

Regardless of what anyone says, any degree is better than no degree, for the knowledge and life experiences you gain. Attending oxford/cambridge does not make you a better/more intelligent than anyone else. Grades are not a measure of intelligence, and if attending somewhere like this would mean being surrounded by and becoming a snob, I would rather go to the lowest ranked uni there is.
    I know rankings aren't everything but Birmingham is ranked 22 on The Times university guide. My friend is applying with 3 A level predictions at grade A for a uni course that asks for ABB. Top 20 is seen as respected by most standards so 22 is pretty much there. I'd be happy going there with 5 As if I liked the course.

ReputationRep:
    Stirling because i applied there and liked it and it is also 2nd in scotland for philosophy

ReputationRep:
    Haha rankings. What a huge load of *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    Oh look, it's the self-rightous brothers.:rolleyes: Both of you really need to get over yourselves. You're both very full of your own importance. :rolleyes:
    Why don't you quit pretending you go to these top universities. Another member has already quoted you lying about your uni applications etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    Haha rankings. What a huge load of *****.
    lol i agreee

ReputationRep:
    coz they deserve to live in the smallest US state?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    coz they deserve to live in the smallest US state?
    I suppose so....

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to an Institute of Technology......

ReputationRep:
    Probably Nottingham University

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.