Turn on thread page Beta

One of Labour's top two posts should always be held by a woman watch

ReputationRep:
    what a ******* joke, I really hope she gets kicked out on her arse at the next elections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    She is a stupid radical feminist moron. The reason men hold the top jobs are because they are better natural leaders.
    Now that I smacked you down on the discrimination debate, let's continue with this new one ^

"The reason men hold the top jobs are because they are better natural leaders."

Explain your position. Why do you think men are better at leading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    ^ I'm glad you said that. Debate won, check mate.
    That was a typo. I meant "isn't". You haven't won at all.

(Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    What rubbish is this?
    How does being physically stronger render one better able to be a political leader? What evidence have you to suggest that men are more 'rational'? Arguably the numerous wars instigated by men actually point to the contrary.
    Men do not have any innate skills that make them good leaders and there is no evidence to suggest that women make worse leaders than men; you are spouting ill-informed, outdated nonsense.
    Warriors can lead their soldiers into battle.

And on the issue of rationality here is a quote discussing Socrates and women:

"Both men and women have what Socrates referred to as an inner daemon, a voice that counsels and checks, that follows the unwritten Tao, but men often lack the luxury of indulging it because the world calls on their rationalism. The minds of men and women truly are complementary."

Women listen to the Tao, that is why they are more natural and intutive. Men don't listen, that is why they are more rationalistic.

You might want to read this website to learn about why radical feminism is wrong: http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/

ReputationRep:
    Now that I smacked you down on the discrimination debate, let's continue with this new one ^

"The reason men hold the top jobs are because they are better natural leaders."

Explain your position. Why do you think men are better at leading?
    You haven't smacked me down at all, you illogical decadent hippie.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I don't see why a 50-50 share of the political power is necessarily desirable.

And second of all men have more leadership attributes that women don't. Women are more submissive and intitutive while men are physically stronger, stronger leaders and more rational.
    You're not a fan of Maggie then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    You're not a fan of Maggie then?
    It's a generalisation, it doesn't necessarily apply to every individual.

ReputationRep:
    What rubbish is this?
    How does being physically stronger render one better able to be a political leader? What evidence have you to suggest that men are more 'rational'? Arguably the numerous wars instigated by men actually point to the contrary.
    Evidence is the only arguement, and there are very few female leaders, and there historicly have been very few. The fact that women haven't been able to lead men, or even other women, to vote them into power suggests that they are less inclined to lead.

You fail to see that a war can be the most rational option in many situations.

Some men obviously do, look at Obama.

Men do not have any innate skills that make them good leaders and there is no evidence to suggest that women make worse leaders than men; you are spouting ill-informed, outdated nonsense.
    Arguably one could say that the way society has organised itself through history shows that men do have an inate wish and ability to lead, whereas women prefer to be lead.

ReputationRep:
    No, no. The "rule" says it only works if both of them are equally well qualified. This is the condition.
    That's awful though. How would you feel about losing a job because a competitor with the same qualifications also had the correct gender?

If two candidates are equal in qualifications, etc., employers should just employ whichever they would prefer to work with.

ReputationRep:
    One of the funniest things about this story was the email they read out on the BBC earlier, in which the sender said that he agreed with Harriet Harman because "women have a different way of doing things", or something along those lines.

We've come such a long way :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    If it was a typo, I'll take it as a Freudian slip.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't smacked me down at all, you illogical decadent hippie.
    You have failed to bring to the table one single valid argument.

You call me a hippie because you're desperate to prove to yourself that I'm wrong.

I've worked my way into your subconscious and caused you to sublime your thoughts into a Freudian slip.

Anyway, seriously, let's move on to the next debate. Why do you think men make better leaders?

ReputationRep:
    If it was a typo, I'll take it as a Freudian slip.
    You're an idiot. Stop trying to dodge my arguments, you decadent hippie.

ReputationRep:

You might want to read this website to learn about why radical feminism is wrong: http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/

:rofl2:You could honestly be a cartoon character :rofl2: You live up to stereotype so consistently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    That's awful though. How would you feel about losing a job because a competitor with the same qualifications also had the correct gender?

If two candidates are equal in qualifications, etc., employers should just employ whichever they would prefer to work with.
    You're talking as if there were a place and a man and woman battled for it. This is simply not the case. There are hundreds of places and if anything, men will have to battle more men than more women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    :rofl2:You could honestly be a cartoon character :rofl2: You live up to stereotype so consistently.
    Well done putting no argument forward. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Your empty insults reinforce my victory.

ReputationRep:
    Your empty insults reinforce my victory.
    Your victory? lol

I was the last one to make actual arguments. Go back and reply to them.

You don't even know what "discrimination" actually means.

ReputationRep:
    Your victory? lol

I was the last one to make actual arguments. Go back and reply to them.

You don't even know what "discrimination" actually means.
    I know perfectly well what discrimination means.

The only way you're going to win this debate is to find an example where the filter doesn't suit the aim and something good gets out of it.

Don't be put off by the terminology of "filter" and "aim", they just make it easier to express the situations behind them.

ReputationRep:
    Well done putting no argument forward. :rolleyes:

I didn't want to put an argument forward, i merely wished to point out a fact.

ReputationRep:

And on the issue of rationality here is a quote discussing Socrates and women:

"Both men and women have what Socrates referred to as an inner daemon, a voice that counsels and checks, that follows the unwritten Tao, but men often lack the luxury of indulging it because the world calls on their rationalism. The minds of men and women truly are complementary."

Women listen to the Tao, that is why they are more natural and intutive. Men don't listen, that is why they are more rationalistic.

Boudiccea wasn't hindered by being female when she led her tribe into battle against the Romans. There is no trait which is exclusive to one gender.
    However physical strenth is unnecessary and irrelevant in our modern age. The purpose of a politician is not to fight battles.
    When referring to Socrates one must consider the historical context in which he was speaking. Our society has progressed and changed much since then, and most would consider it fool hardy and ignorant to perpetuate such harmful gender stereotypes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.