Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

deleted

ReputationRep:
    you can still go through clearing even if leic. lets you in. You have to ask them to be 'released' this could take time so you wouldnt be able to get into clearing straight away thus missing out on any good places left. So if you really dont want to go Leic then contact them now if you want to go thru clearing.

if you phone Notts and they did let you in, then that isnt the clearing process - its just you getting lucky and being accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Hey Jabed, thanks for the reply. Yeah I don't want to hedge my bets and be released now, but I also don't want to be released from results day :/ tough call. Do you know what number I would ring? It's not the clearing number is it? Perhaps the admissions office or something?
    Indeed, I dont want to go to my insurance choice either - the course is okay and the uni is good but my firms course is so much better.
    What number do you need, the one for being released? well I would presume you contact the uni admissions office directly to ask to be released but I'm not entirely sure.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd assume you need to ring admissions as they'll be the one dealing with that stuff? Depends on your course too... If it's super competitive it's unlikely they'd take you :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josht111)
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. I need the number to ring Nottingham on results day if I miss my offer by a small margin, that isn't the Clearing number, to beg for a place!
    contact the unis admissions and beg.
    If you dont get in then its either ur insurance choice or being released then entering clearing or reapply next year (thats my plan)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.