Turn on thread page Beta

i have my driving test again this week..

i cant keep failing, it's costing me so much

and if i fail this time, the next tests available are in bloody november!!!

help me!

i've gone for a different test centre this time, hopefully i'll have more luck there

im not confident, and never had been for the test, even though in lessons i'm always ok and have been driving perfectly even before the first test...

what to do

i'll probably shoot myself if i fail again, i'm getting tired of taking bloody lessons every week and paying so much for it and then having to get nervous on the test day again

ReputationRep:
    How many times have you failed ?

If your not confident enough on the road it could be because you have not had enough lessons/practise, I advise you to take more lessons if thats the case.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt hav it at a different centre. you will have been practisiing in your lessons based on one area so a different area and test centre will bring different hazards and places you wont be used to
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What have you failed on in previous tests?
    I suggest a bit more practice in these areas to make sure you dont fail in these areas next time.
    Other than this i would suggest trying to keep calm during the test and try to get a test at a time of day when it will be quiet (if you can) so there isnt as much traffic about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    i have my driving test again this week..

i cant keep failing, it's costing me so much

and if i fail this time, the next tests available are in bloody november!!!

help me!

i've gone for a different test centre this time, hopefully i'll have more luck there

im not confident, and never had been for the test, even though in lessons i'm always ok and have been driving perfectly even before the first test...

what to do

i'll probably shoot myself if i fail again, i'm getting tired of taking bloody lessons every week and paying so much for it and then having to get nervous on the test day again
    Do you feel pressure cos all your friends have already passed their tests? I was ok on lessons and even on test but had a crash on second trip out on my own and have lost all confidence. Good luck

(Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    How many times have you failed ?

If your not confident enough on the road it could be because you have not had enough lessons/practise, I advise you to take more lessons if thats the case.
    im confident on the road, i drive and manouver perfectly
    i'm not confident during the test and i panic

(Original post by Guy_1991)
    you shouldnt hav it at a different centre. you will have been practisiing in your lessons based on one area so a different area and test centre will bring different hazards and places you wont be used to
    i've been practising around the new centre since my last test

(Original post by Emma:-))
    What have you failed on in previous tests?
    I suggest a bit more practice in these areas to make sure you dont fail in these areas next time.
    Other than this i would suggest trying to keep calm during the test and try to get a test at a time of day when it will be quiet (if you can) so there isnt as much traffic about.
    failed on: hesitation on roundabouts, getting too close to a parked car and pararel park

the parking, i am now perfect and was before, just that during ttests i get nervous
    roundabouts, i've picked a less busy time of 9.30 so it should be better
    parked car was a one off, never happened before or will happen again

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say that on my driving test I hardly thought about until I was there and doing it. Some of my friends bigged it up as the most nerve wracking thing they've ever done but I didn't think it was that big of a deal, without trying to sound arrogant. My advice - put it to the back of your head, get plenty of sleep the night before. Imagine it's just your instructor sat next to you and go for it.

IMPORTANTLY - if you mess a manouver up, ask nicely if you can start again. I made a slight error on my reverse around a corner meaning I was a little too close to the kurb for my liking, and he allowed me to take if forward and then reverse it back down to straighten up, penalised by 1 minor.

Keep calm - the best advice you will receive.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I was a bag of nerves on my first test but the second time around was much better. I'd recommend having a decent nights sleep and just drive as you would with your instructor sat beside you.
    As for roundabouts, make sure that you've planned ahead (start breaking, gear change etc.) so that when approaching the roundabout you have the time to make the right decision whether to proceed or not. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I failed mine twice and passed on the third time and i was a bag of nerves all 3 times, however i kinda learned to control it. advice i was given was try and forget about it being a test and occupy your mind all the time so your mind is always thinking so, plan ahead, looking what hazards are coming up and making decisions early. keep your mind focused. Giood luck.

it got bloody cancelled

read here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post20441992

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.