Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can my alloys on my Yaris fit my peugeot 206? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so my mums car has alloys on it TSW r-system 15" i think. they look aight. i bought my peugeot 206 which come with normal tires with peugeot plates on them...not cool.

Can i take my mums alloys of and put them on mine and my wheels on hers and buy her toyota plates to put on top of them?

Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    Go onto google and type in "toyota yaris PCD" and then go on again and type in "Peugeot 206 pcd"

If the numbers match then yes you can. If they dont, no you can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Go onto google and type in "toyota yaris PCD" and then go on again and type in "Peugeot 206 pcd"

this guy is a genius...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)

.....and make sure the centre bores match, if its too small, it wont fit, if its too big, you will need an adapter. DO NOT fit wheels where the centre bore is too big. theres a reason manufactures state to the nearest 0.01mm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    .....and make sure the centre bores match, if its too small, it wont fit, if its too big, you will need an adapter. DO NOT fit wheels where the centre bore is too big. theres a reason manufactures state to the nearest 0.01mm.
    Depends on the car.
    For example, my MG is secured and centred on the hub via the wheel studs and tapered / sleeved wheel nuts only.

But we've had this conversation before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Depends on the car.
    For example, my MG is secured and centred on the hub via the wheel studs and tapered / sleeved wheel nuts only.

Would it depend on whether or not the wheels were bolted or nutted on? I'm probably totally wrong but this would seem logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Depends on the car.

Ye but your car is not a Peugeot 206 or a Toyota Yaris is it :p:

the Yaris 100% relies on the spigot ring as the load bearing component, and the 206 has a 65.1 centre bore so that requires it also.

Tbh its all immaterial anyways cause the PCD's are off. 110x4, 108x4 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Would it depend on whether or not the wheels were bolted or nutted on? I'm probably totally wrong but this would seem logical.
    I would have thought it was more to do with side loads on the studs / bolts that was the key factor?
    I honestly doubt it actually matters on small city cars. I can see it making a difference on high end cars with big sticky tyres, though which will obviously put a lot more force through the load points on the hub.

the Yaris 100% relies on the spigot ring as the load bearing component, and the 206 has a 65.1 centre bore so that requires it also.
    Possibly, but higher grade retaining bolts would solve this issue anyway.

Tbh its all immaterial anyways cause the PCD's are off. 110x4, 108x4 :rolleyes:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    so to conclude i cant use the yarises right?

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to tell your insurer that you have modified your car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    so to conclude i cant use the yarises right?
    The pcd is different. So, er, no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    a simple no would of done. thanks to every one else though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    a simple no would of done. thanks to every one else though.
    I thought I said that?

Christ, there's no pleasing some people on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    114.3 x 4 is the pcd for old jap cars:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    114.3 x 4 is the pcd for old jap cars:cool:
    114.3 x 4 (4.5" X 4) from memory is also 60's 6 cylinder mustangs, Reliant Scimitar, Triumph Stag, Triumph TR6 and Triumph 2000 / 2500.

Not sure what the relevence of your point is, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    114.3 x 4 (4.5" X 4) from memory is also 60's 6 cylinder mustangs, Reliant Scimitar, Triumph Stag, Triumph TR6 and Triumph 2000 / 2500.

Not sure what the relevence of your point is, though?
    Just very nostalgic. I want to make my next car look very JDM :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Just very nostalgic. I want to make my next car look very JDM :yes:
    ... and that has what to do with a Yaris or a 206?

Why don't you go and make your own threads instead of trolling the motoring forum yet again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    ... and that has what to do with a Yaris or a 206?

Why don't you go and make your own threads instead of trolling the motoring forum yet again?
    I wasn't trolling because I was discussing PCD which is still on topic, yet some threads go completely out of control.

Oh yeah I saw a teggy ysty, looked great in championship white :eek3:

OP, I am glad you now know whether they fit or not.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't trolling because I was discussing PCD which is still on topic, yet some threads go completely out of control.

Oh yeah I saw a teggy ysty, looked great in championship white :eek3:

OP, I am glad you now know whether they fit or not.
    You're trolling and you know it.
    114.3mm pcd has NOTHING to do with the cars being discussed. However, it just so happens to be the correct PCD for an MGB.

Stop trying to bait me into having an e-war with you. It wont work.

What a prat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    You're trolling and you know it.
    114.3mm pcd has NOTHING to do with the cars being discussed. However, it just so happens to be the correct PCD for an MGB.

Stop trying to bait me into having an e-war with you. It wont work.

What a prat.
    Easy friend :console:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.