Turn on thread page Beta

things you do that you wonder if anyone else does watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vesi)
    After a chat with somebody I play the whole conversation again in my mind and think of things i should have said which might have sounded better

I don't like sitting in a room with the door open when I am not facing it.

When there is nobody around I used to set targets to myself.
    Example : Leaving the front door of the entrance to close by itself and by then I should have taken all the stairs to my floor.

i have done the thing with the tiles, although I have done this on a carpet too. And when walking down the streets I step over the lines between the tiles.
    I do all of these :rofl: I thought I was just odd

ReputationRep:
    If I ever notice someone by chance (someone you can't stop looking at, not always fit etc), e.g. on trains, buses, infront of me in a queue, I always wonder what there voice sounds like. And then if they speak for whatever reason, I'll discuss in my head whether I'd place that voice with their appearance etc.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's weird that I do so many of these, and I thought I was the only one that did :P

- I do the shower thing where you fold your arms and collect water.
    - I'll write replys to posts and then decide not to post them.
    - The thing with the man running along jumping over things when in a car.
    - I also always have to finish all my drink before I can finish eating.
    - When I eat I always start with my least favourite food first and save my favourite till last.
    - I always have to cut my toast/sandwiches in triangles.
    - When I'm waiting for someone and I have to wait where people will see me I'll pretend someone's texting me.
    - When I'm on the bus I like to plan ahead the way the bus is going to go.
    - If I've had a conversation with someone when I get home and on my own I'll think of replys to what they said and think I should have said different things than what I said.

Oh God I'm weird lol

Theres loads of other things too ... but I'll leave it there for now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    Oh and when I think of a really good Facebook status...I have to type it in the notes on my phone or I'll forget it (sad sad yes I know) *hangs head in shame*
    I do this but with ideas for writing. And I also act out imaginary situations in my head quite a lot, count up all the prices of everything I'm buying when shopping and get exact change. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do the shower thing.
    I mime along to songs when I'm on my own.
    I organise my wardrobe by colour.
    I make my mom buy white bread for toast, but brown bread for sandwiches.
    I like triangular sandwiches but rectangular toast.
    If there's a song that I can't organise, eg can't find the correct artwork, then I have to delete it, no matter how much I love it.
    If I forget my Vaseline when I'm out, I buy a new one lmao.
    I over-worry when two of my favourite programmes clash.
    When I'm alone I leave every single light on in the house lmao.
    When I come home and I'm alone I check every room [i duno, for intruders, even though i dont know what i'm gonna do if i get one].
    Thats all I can think of.

ReputationRep:
    I walk at the speed of whatever tune I have in my head at that one time.

I have random 'chaos theory' thoughts. For example, I sometimes have a daydream when I watch TV with my brother that I just fling the remote across the room at his face. Then I imagine the repercussions of that, how he'd react and how bad it would be for me. Then I realise it is, in fact, a stupid idea :o:

ReputationRep:
    When I am about to get dressed, I take my clothes out of the wardrobe using the following order:

1st. Socks -> put them on the bed.
    2nd. Boxers -> put them on the bed next to the socks.
    3rd. Pants -> put them on the bed next to the boxers.
    4th. T-shirt or tank top. -> you know...
    5th. Sweater (if needed) -> ...
    6th. Coat (if needed) -> ...
    7th. gloves (if needed) ->...
    8th. scarf (if needed) ->...
    9th. hat/beanie (if needed) ->...

Then I dress up starting from the socks all the way up to the hat. So I kinda get dressed from the bottom to the top It's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintage_007)

I check inside my wardrobe every night - not sure what for!
    I used to do this when I was younger. I used to be scared of people hiding in my wardrobe or washing basket (it was a wicker one with a lid) and coming out at night. Lol. Then it just turned into a habit. I've not done it for years though :p:...

Also, when I hear numbers I split them in half or do random calculations for no reason... Sad I know and probably my mathsy streak coming through.

ReputationRep:
    most of this is just ocd...

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone else has gone around putting Jangrafess into a post so that when he searches for his username he'll find it.

(Original post by theredsox)
    I wonder if anyone else has gone around putting Jangrafess into a post so that when he searches for his username he'll find it.
    :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I walk at the speed of whatever tune I have in my head at that one time.

I have random 'chaos theory' thoughts. For example, I sometimes have a daydream when I watch TV with my brother that I just fling the remote across the room at his face. Then I imagine the repercussions of that, how he'd react and how bad it would be for me. Then I realise it is, in fact, a stupid idea
    I do these, esp the chaos theory bit. I imagine stuff like randomly opening the car door or suddenly hitting the killswitch on my motorbike as I'm doing 60 down a narrow road. I remember one time I was walking by some bushes and a cyclist brushed past me and started wondering what would have happened if he had knocked me over, came up with this whole story about how he was a rapist and I would have been lucky to have escaped alive.

My imagination is a scary place to be sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    -I like to organise the clothes in my wardrobe by colour.
    -When I'm on my own listening to music I mime along to the words.
    - When I see people in the street I make up interesting stories about them.
    - I type out posts on TSR and then think they sound stupid so I don't send them.
    - When I'm having a drink with my food the ratio has to be perfect i.e if I'm having a glass of milk and some chocolate, I don't like finishing the chocolate before my milk.

Yes, I'm just a freak tbh. I do the shower thing as well!
    i do the last one but not so meticulously and the opposite way, i like to have a bit of drink left so i can wash my food down :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcusTheEskimo)
    Haha, +rep. Have you ever done it with your legs? I used to do it with a little muscle behind my knees. I.e. alternate legs for every syllable.

Typing it out makes it sound so bloody strange. Well, I guess it is.
    yeh i do that like for every note you switch your leg kinda thing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.