Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone use green L plates? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive just passed my test and already had a crash. Now my mum wants me to use green L plates next time I go out. Does anyone else use these, are they uncool?

ReputationRep:
    would you still have crashed if you had been using them?

ReputationRep:
    You crashed already?! I hope you crashed into a wall and not into somebody else's car / property!

I think you should listen to your mum and get some green P plates (P = probationary)... you can see them as uncool but I don't really, it's just a matter of opinion but crashing and watching your insurance premium shoot up isn't cool at all.

ReputationRep:
    yes cos I crashed into the back of another car

ReputationRep:
    the problem is Green Ls /Ps what ever are a magnet for poor driver behaviour - from other drivers

unless and until they are required by law in the UK i would not advocate their use by anyone

they do not address the fundamental issue here of 'giddyness' at passing and a basic lack of observation and anticipation .... 'prat plates' are not a replacement for Pass Plus or membership of IAM or RoADA which would be far more useful.

ReputationRep:
    Is any new drivers currently using P plates - is there a bad reaction from other drivers?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can I just say ... ZIPPY is talking a whole load of rubbish ... I recently passed my driving test and have been using grenn L plates. Since I have been using them I have noticed alot of drivers are very considerate ... especailly when it comes to roundabouts and junctions etc because they know that you wont be as confident as them to just take off quickly ... When I first passed my test I went out without the green L plates and my god it was more intimidating than what its been with the plates on

WELL DONE on passing your test hun x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.