Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wondered if someone would be able to suggest a hardcore gym routine that I plan to do every other day.

I think it's just a case of "toning" (yes i know thats not the right word) I havent been exercising as much as i normally would (due to exams).

But I feel spending hours on a treadmill (as i have done previously) or hours in the pool isn't the best way of going about this. My fitness is quite good, I just need that extra level of exercise to help me acheive my goals. Also it has to be sustainable, I want to be able to do this every other day after uni.

+ve Rep available...and thanks

p.s i would ask the gym instructors but they arent much help :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    HIIT?

Along with a small weights routine evry so often.

That and eating well.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to lose weight. An inch is just fine the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you recognise hours of treadmills can get monotonous and yes works at first, but after a while digs a bit of a rut.

Look into resistance training, squats, deadlifts, lunges, bench press, overhead presses, dips, chin ups, and also look into HIIT.

ReputationRep:
    arn't girls supposed to be able to pinch an inch >?

ReputationRep:
    Ever tried one of those mini exercise trampolines? Cheap, easy storage, fun and apparently burns a lot of calories. All and all I think it's perfect for uni.

ReputationRep:
    come down to luton and **** me for an hour or two every week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    :rofl:

Or you could just put her on your crazy 'roids? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    get one of those dance workout dvds, like Pump it Up or Pacha. They have a good soundtrack, and are great fun, especially if you get youve got flat/housemates to do it with. I did it with my housemates and we had a blast.

ReputationRep:
    I can pinch an inch in alot of places.
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

Seriously? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Stone-wall, infallible advice from Adonis, as per usual!

Lets be fair, you wouldn't say no.

Anyway OP, what about swimming? Pretty fun, works your whole body out, doesn't leave you sweating, evening swim before bed works wonders definitely going to recommend you give it a go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I wondered if someone would be able to suggest a hardcore gym routine that I plan to do every other day.

I think it's just a case of "toning" (yes i know thats not the right word) I havent been exercising as much as i normally would (due to exams).

But I feel spending hours on a treadmill (as i have done previously) or hours in the pool isn't the best way of going about this. My fitness is quite good, I just need that extra level of exercise to help me acheive my goals. Also it has to be sustainable, I want to be able to do this every other day after uni.

+ve Rep available...and thanks

I'd say that you should ask the gym instructer. If you tell them exactly what you want they should be able to help you. Fair enough, some of them are useless and frankly, I don't know how they make it as fitness instructors. But if you find a helpful one, they'll outline you a good plan.

PS: Less running on the treadmill. After a certain period, it can get monotonous and you tend not to push yourself. If you're not feeling pain or getting really tired then you won't reap the desired results. I say you check out HITT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Stone-wall, infallible advice from Adonis, as per usual!

Lets be fair, you wouldn't say no.

Anyway OP, what about swimming? Pretty fun, works your whole body out, doesn't leave you sweating, evening swim before bed works wonders definitely going to recommend you give it a go!
    Neither would you, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    You'd only fill her with foam anyway :awesome:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.