Turn on thread page Beta

5 Days in Amsterdam watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys me and my buddy are going to Amsterdam for 5 days, we have sorted out where we're sleeping (a campsite for £3 a night), and we've also sorted travelling expenses. How much money should i take for five days? bearing in mind we're taking alot of dried food with us. These expenses will be on tourism, coffee shops and any other things such as hiring bikes.
    Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_mour)
    coffee shops
    :p: Just be careful when bringing "coffee" home.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys me and my buddy are going to Amsterdam for 5 days, we have sorted out where we're sleeping (a campsite for £3 a night), and we've also sorted travelling expenses. How much money should i take for five days? bearing in mind we're taking alot of dried food with us. These expenses will be on tourism, coffee shops and any other things such as hiring bikes.
    Thanks alot
    Is that a euphemism?

ReputationRep:
    It depends what type of trip you're doing (most people going with friends are going to get absolutely trashed). As a touristy trip, you won't need much (30/40/50 euros a day depending on what you want to do/where you eat out).

Where abouts is this campsite? If it's really far out (central Amsterdam is very built up) getting to and fro might prove to be really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty far out , would have to take a tram or train. We are planning on getting pretty trashed
    hehe hiring bikes isn't a euphemism :P
    I already have £350 spending money saved up was thinking of taking up to £500 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    :p: Just be careful when bringing "coffee" home.
    lol, good advice.

ReputationRep:
    £70 a day should easily be enough after accomodation but with the site so far away youll be eating out alot and it aint cheap Amsterdam is easily now more expensive than London

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot
    When I was there I didn't find it that expensive. Coffee shops are cheap enough as long as you don't order coffee - people who buy coffee are the ones who bring their own other stuff, you know.

I doubt you'd need more than 350 quid to be honest. The Anne Frank museum was 5 euros to get in to and was more than worth it! We also went into a sex museum, I think it was the same price too. Just shop around, cos some museums are pretty expensive & have massive queues, like the Van Gogh one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidosh)
    Amsterdam is easily now more expensive than London
    Wasn't in my experience!

ReputationRep:
    you'll need more money for the prostitutes

ReputationRep:
    ok cool thanks alot,
    about bringing coffee back...
    my mate reckons if he shaves his delicates and ducktapes his coffee underneath the dogs won't smell it?
    i thought this would just have a load of dogs sniffing his crotch hehe
    but we are travelling by coach-apparently less searching?

edit-btw i aint drinking this coffee eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise anyone to give tips on bringing coffee back. There's a fair amount of petty people on this forum that can make it an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Wasn't in my experience!
    When did you go?

ReputationRep:
    When you go to Amsterdam make sure you order a 'Patat met'. It's basically thick fries with DELICIOUS mayonnaise. :drool:

Amsterdam isn't that expensive, food wise. You can get cheap food easily, accommodation isn't bad either. They've got a lot of youth hotel kinda things. And public transport is great there! Relatively cheap too, although you can get away with not paying and then saying you're a tourist :p: What area of Amsterdam are you intending to go to?

5 days, about 250 quid should be more than enough if you ask me. But you can still live off 100 quid and still have a great time. Hiring bikes is very cheap there, so shouldn't be much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you get a few hookers whilst you're there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreizhen)
    you'll need more money for the prostitutes
    and the weed

ReputationRep:
    not completely sure which part were going to but as far as my mate has told me (hes the responsible one i just get baked hehe) were at a campsite by a large forest? (not very helpful at all sorry :P) but we vowed to spend a day where we are only allowed to eat space cake first one to whitey out loses!
    are there any clubs you could recommend? i heard they had a good scene there.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed for two nights and spent £100.. mainly it was spent on coffee shops and food.. the two go so well together! So £350 will be enough if you don't eat proper meals but £500 if you want to be able to do most of what you want.

ReputationRep:
    not completely sure which part were going to but as far as my mate has told me (hes the responsible one i just get baked hehe) were at a campsite by a large forest? (not very helpful at all sorry :P) but we vowed to spend a day where we are only allowed to eat space cake first one to whitey out loses!
    are there any clubs you could recommend? i heard they had a good scene there.
    That could possibly be most likely is 'de Amsterdamse bos'

ReputationRep:
    mate i'd kill to go to amsterdam they have some of the finest bud around haha

i would love to go there though because its so chilled out! a coffee and a spliff outside a coffeeshop how Chilled is that...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.