Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At the end of April everything around me started to crumble. The night before my dissertation presentation i recieved an abusive and unprovoked drunken phone call from my boyfriend. The words "whore" and "cheap" were used all because he got angry that he wasn't the first boy i had kissed. Bare in my mind i had been with him nearly 2 years.

I was so angry at him and as he thinks he is Mr Perfect it took him a few days for him to apologise to me. I eventually forgave him although understandably i was very wary of him. We had a lovely day in Regents Park to mark our anniversary although 2 days later he told me he didn't enjoy the day and the highlight of his weekend was caving with his friends in Kent the day before. This led to a near meltdown of our relationship. I didn't go see him (we were in an LDR) and stayed at uni enjoying my last few months. I was on the verge of breaking up with him and avoided his calls and texts. I told him i didn't know how to feel about us anymore.

During this time i met someone else through a friend. I really a fancied him after we spoke about poetry in a nightclub. He had just come out of a relationship and we enjoyed each others company as we could talk to each other about stuff that was going on inside. There were no drunken kisses or midnight trysts we just clicked. Eventually we shared one kiss.

Ever since i have been infatuated with this other guy and my current bf knows what happened. I told him along with the fact i don't want anymore of his crap. My attachent to my bf is pervasive like an old habit but i know this other guy could make me feel alot better. I have spent months trying to figure out what to do but i haven't spoken about it because of the shame of meeting someone else.

At the same time i am scared of diving into an MA i can barely afford in September and i am considering working and maybe squeezing in some travel next year. As you can tell i have a lot going on in my head (and heart). Anyone else have any advice or been in a similar situation?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    At the end of April everything around me started to crumble. The night before my dissertation presentation i recieved an abusive and unprovoked drunken phone call from my boyfriend. The words "whore" and "cheap" were used all because he got angry that he wasn't the first boy i had kissed. Bare in my mind i had been with him nearly 2 years.

I was so angry at him and as he thinks he is Mr Perfect it took him a few days for him to apologise to me. I eventually forgave him although understandably i was very wary of him. We had a lovely day in Regents Park to mark our anniversary although 2 days later he told me he didn't enjoy the day and the highlight of his weekend was caving with his friends in Kent the day before. This led to a near meltdown of our relationship. I didn't go see him (we were in an LDR) and stayed at uni enjoying my last few months. I was on the verge of breaking up with him and avoided his calls and texts. I told him i didn't know how to feel about us anymore.

During this time i met someone else through a friend. I really a fancied him after we spoke about poetry in a nightclub. He had just come out of a relationship and we enjoyed each others company as we could talk to each other about stuff that was going on inside. There were no drunken kisses or midnight trysts we just clicked. Eventually we shared one kiss.

Ever since i have been infatuated with this other guy and my current bf knows what happened. I told him along with the fact i don't want anymore of his crap. My attachent to my bf is pervasive like an old habit but i know this other guy could make me feel alot better. I have spent months trying to figure out what to do but i haven't spoken about it because of the shame of meeting someone else.

At the same time i am scared of diving into an MA i can barely afford in September and i am considering working and maybe squeezing in some travel next year. As you can tell i have a lot going on in my head (and heart). Anyone else have any advice or been in a similar situation?
    I don't think that your current boyfriend deserves to be with you tbh - if he can call you a whore and tell you that you're cheap and still take a few days to apologise to you then he clearly has no respect. From what you've said it sounds like he gets some weird kick out of upsetting you when he should actually be supporting you through your dissertation. If you genuinely wanted to be with your boyfriend then you wouldn't be considering breaking up with him or being with somebody else - mentally you've already moved on and now you just have to put that into practice. :console:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.