Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone know any good gyms in newcastle? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im going to uni there in sept and dont fancy the idea of paying over 200 pounds for the use of weights for like a 5 month period. Is there anywhere near the uni preferably (walking) that is cheaper? Im only interested in weights so it doesnt have to be fancy- just somewhere where i can do some training. Thanks for your help and +rep for good advice.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few good gyms in Newcastle but it comes at a price

ReputationRep:
    If you're willing to travel a bit further, hop on the metro to North Shields and go to the YM gym. It's where everyone I know goes for free weights.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the university provide a gym? I would assume they would or maybe go to the other university gym but will cost slightly more considering your not their student but overall it would not cost you over 200 pounds.

200 pounds is alot of money, you can buy lots of KFC family buckets with that.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle
    - Ghateshead Stadium, http://www.weights.demon.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Sup I'm from Newcastle.

I just use the uni gym which is by far the cheapest but there are many many others. I used to go to gym in Eldon Leisure but it's a rip off although the best quality and hardly ever busy.

There are plenty of serious BBing gyms around but I dunno if you'd want that plus they are out of the way.

Just join uni gym, but it gets pretty packed from noobs during term time evenings and afternoons.

EDIT: Rofl PLer, a 350lb+ dude with no front teeth named 'choppa' told me to go to Gateshead Stadium for powerlifting when he say me deadlifting when I used to go to Eldon Leisure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.