Turn on thread page Beta

I've recently started dating this girl and just her touching me (holding hands, kissing, hugging etc.) gives me a boner which literally stays up till we are not in close proximity like just eating dinner. It's really annoying and a bit embarrasing for example she wanted to give me a piggy back but I couldn't because she would feel it.

This is no troll attempt, this is serious. Any advice would really be helpful...

ReputationRep:
    Errr i guess when you get used to being around her abit more you will get used to it so not be affected so much anymore?

If you are thinking about it, it is going to get worse and so the vicious cycle goes round, when it happens try and avert your attention onto something else.

ReputationRep:
    If she has any mild sense of humour she wont really care,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've recently started dating this girl and just her touching me (holding hands, kissing, hugging etc.) gives me a boner which literally stays up till we are not in close proximity like just eating dinner. It's really annoying and a bit embarrasing for example she wanted to give me a piggy back but I couldn't because she would feel it.

This is no troll attempt, this is serious. Any advice would really be helpful...
    Try thinking of something off-topic, like ice cream, or pizza, or women's shoes - it helps

DO NOT think of any person or character to try nd avert your attention cause if it still stays up, u may get freaked out and wonder why u get a boner from, lets say the troll from harry potter:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem when i started dating my girlfriend, but over time you start to get used to being close to them and I've been with her for 3 months now and don't have that problem anymore. Just give it some time and things should get better, and try not too worry about it too much, cus that probably won't help matters much.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you let her feel it and maybe she will suggest a solution.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are she'll be quite flattered by it lol

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she'll be flattered and laugh it off?

I wouldn't be ashamed of it. But as Tom said, try and take your mind off of it. Think of something completely non-sexual :p:

ReputationRep:
    i don't think she will care, some girls i know think of it as a compliment because they are turning you on. i am pretty much the same.... i get a boner really easily and it doesn't even have to be from a girl.... a bumpy bus ride does the trick sometimes hahaha. my girlfriend doesn't mind, seems to find it amusing and takes advantage of it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. It's flattering that you find her so sexy. After a while you will get used to it and be able to handle the situation better. Once you get to know her better I dare say she will take full advantage of it :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.