Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure this forum really sees enough action to warrant it's own existence?

Might as well just have a Current students thread stickied in the main forum?

Post your opinions, vitriol, anon neg rep (tch Tom) after the tone...
    Beeep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Not sure this forum really sees enough action to warrant it's own existence?

Might as well just have a Current students thread stickied in the main forum?

Post your opinions, vitriol after the tone...
    Beeep.
    who are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    who are you?
    Most relevantly, the only person apart from you to post in this forum in a week...

ReputationRep:
    'tis the holidays though, innit.

One forum would be better. As a current student, I rarely visit the other Warwick forum at all, and that's where all the prospective students are.

ReputationRep:
    Most relevantly, the only person apart from you to post in this forum in a week...
    I'm just wondering have you thought about this at all?

I mean, it's the summer holidays and nobody is at Warwick, we've not got exams or work to do (most of us are Maths freshers going into second year..) so there might actually be a reason why we're the only people to post in here this week...

Were you in here when it was busy? Because I don't think i've really ever seen you post in here. I really don't see your issue. Maybe check out some of the threads and see if they would really work being shoved into one mega thread.

ReputationRep:
    Blame it on the holidays, people have better things to do than to discuss campus issues during the summer. During term time this sub-forum gets more than enough action so deserves to exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    'tis the holidays though, innit.

One forum would be better. As a current student, I rarely visit the other Warwick forum at all, and that's where all the prospective students are.
    what?

this is my sanctuary, all the ****** "wat accom..." threads do not belong in here.

ReputationRep:
    You get a section for the uni and a sub-section!

hmph

ReputationRep:
    Try checking the post frequency a few weeks back in exam time, I think you'll find it was 'slightly' higher.
    If you can think of a reason for us to post then perhaps we will, I still check here to answer anything I can, but I have no reason to start a thread (perhaps when we have to start choosing our modules there'll be a few more posts, I have no idea how to cut down my list of "cool sounding modules", other than delaying the problem till 3rd year.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not saying this forum isnt busier at other times.
    I just think it doesnt necessarily need to be separate from the main one.

It seems that worked fine all the years prior to last year.

I'm not suggesting either that all current student should go in one thread, just have a thread stickied for (Tom driven) banter/spam stuff and make individual posts as normal if another issue arises.

I guess in the situation where current students want to talk among themselves about something it does make it hard to see such a thread among all the pre-fresh gunk but similarly I dont think that threads inside this forum would get more responses from the right people. If I had a course issue such as module choice (which I will do soon) I would not post in here I would post out there in the relevant subject thread which would flag it up to all previous posters (the ones I want to talk to) so they could answer.

At least this thread has roused some action, gues it was self-defeating in that way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not saying this forum isnt busier at other times.
    I just think it doesnt necessarily need to be separate from the main one.

It seems that worked fine all the years prior to last year.

I'm not suggesting either that all current student should go in one thread, just have a thread stickied for (Tom driven) banter/spam stuff and make individual posts as normal if another issue arises.

I guess in the situation where current students want to talk among themselves about something it does make it hard to see such a thread among all the pre-fresh gunk but similarly I dont think that threads inside this forum would get more responses from the right people. If I had a course issue such as module choice (which I will do soon) I would not post in here I would post out there in the relevant subject thread which would flag it up to all previous posters (the ones I want to talk to) so they could answer.

At least this thread has roused some action, gues it was self-defeating in that way :p:
    It worked fine for the years before because I'd guess there weren't that many people who posted quite as much as my year do. I simply will not accept having to push all my threads into one. Our banter deserves individual threads.
    Another point is that most of the posters on here (like a good 95% easy) are mathmos so people do post in here. It makes sense.
    I think that it's a really lovely privilege to have a subforum for just us current students (not all uni forums do) and I think to ASK for it to be removed is blasphemy of the highest order. If we had just one forum (as we used to have) it was so annoying trying to find decent threads, and making a thread popular was also more difficult as you had a smaller audience (the people you want to post maybe wouldn't find it).

TLRD; Chrrye needs to STFU and GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    us Warwick students deserve all the extra benefits etc that we can get and that includes our own special forum where only we can post and no ******* applicants

ReputationRep:
    Did a seperate forum have to be requested, or can you just create one? I figured someone just created it. I don't see how it's a big deal either way, but I don't see how even having a useless forum is a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    TLRD; Chrrye needs to STFU and GTFO.
    Please don't listen to him, he talks rubbish. Tom, shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwellsday)
    Did a seperate forum have to be requested, or can you just create one? I figured someone just created it. I don't see how it's a big deal either way, but I don't see how even having a useless forum is a problem.
    You cant create one. It is usually requested rather than spontaneously coming about and I believe it should be obvious to all who the likely driving force behind the creation of this particular one was... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalNumber)
    He does seem very passionate..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalNumber)
    stop being a ****** and come on msn.

ReputationRep:
    yeh tbh when it was one forum i hardly used to post on tsr, i'm too lazy to surf through useless rubbish from younger people. this new forum is good, useful during term time (esp exam time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddengem)
    yeh tbh when it was one forum i hardly used to post on tsr, i'm too lazy to surf through useless rubbish from younger people. this new forum is good, useful during term time (esp exam time).
    yeah, dont you just hate people who are 1-2 years younger than ourselves and looking for help :p:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    yeah, dont you just hate people who are 1-2 years younger than ourselves and looking for help :p:?
    Yeah, I hate that. What gives them the right to ask us questions just because we are already at the uni and we are on a student forum.
    None of us got help and advice in exactly the same way before we came to uni!

Everyone boycott helping out pre-fresh, go on this, a thread of true value..

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.