The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl/guy who spends 2+ hours getting ready daily?

Poll

You meet a girl/guy and she/he looks unbelievably hot.. then you find out they spend 2+ hours every day getting ready and refuse to take less time on it.

Scroll to see replies

Only 3 hours+, then I can watch a film in between. Any shorter runs the risk of having to pause halfway and having that on my mind all night.
Reply 2
What film lasts like 3 hours... Unless you're watching a full trilogy. Most films last like an hour and 40 minutes, which gives you 20 minutes left over to masturbate about the sexy parts. Then you're ready to go out.
Reply 3
Yeah why not! I spend about an hour myself.
Reply 4
I like guys who are natural, someone who is rather over groomed is a NO NO!
no way..a guy that spends that long getting ready would be a major turn off..!i like them rough and ready not groomed like a tart..!
Reply 6
No. I don't get how it can take some people 2 hours to get ready.
Reply 7
The rule is, if they spend any longer than me then it's a no :p: I only take maximum of an hour (if I have a shower and have to dry my hair), and minimum of 20 mins (if I don't need a shower).
Reply 8
Yazmin
I like guys who are natural, someone who is rather over groomed is a NO NO!

Ditto!
Well 2 hours is longer than I spend getting ready so I woudn't really like it if a guy took that long.
Noooo way.
Reply 11
LouLou815
No. I don't get how it can take some people 2 hours to get ready.

I know, wtf do they dooo?!?!
It's hardly going to be a deciding factor. :rolleyes: Is that a first date question for you lot?
Reply 13
2 hours seems like a long time for a guy to get ready. It doesn't take me that long to get ready, unless I do some serious lazing about in between stuff.

Though it wouldn't bother me how long they took to get ready really.
Probably not no...he would seem to be way more into his looks than into me...

Plus I prefer the scruffy look...which my boyfriend pulls off perfectly :wink:
Reply 15
I kinda hate that, my actual gf doesnt take a lot of hours but she puts a lot of creams that at one point I dunno if I'm kissing her or licking an ice cream...
Reply 16
God no, how can it possibly take you 2hrs to get ready!?
i have a friend who takes two hours i was like what the ****. so once i went over to hers first to get ready and i realised she actually takes 30 mins to choose an outfit and do hair and makeup. the other hour and a half is spent ******* around and staring at the floor and generally dithering. if a guy did id be like wow.. lolfag. and that would be that.
Well 2+ hours seems a bit much for getting ready every day, but that's up to them, I usually just have a shower and pull on some clothes which takes about twenty minutes and sometimes if my stubble gets too messy I give it a trim before, which makes it half an hour. I suppose sometimes it would annoy me but as long as she's never late and does it well before we're supposed to be going out then it's up to her. I do tend to get a text sometimes from mates about going to the pub and go out within an hour or two of getting the text so that'd be difficult. And I really find it a bit vain if she'd spend that amount of time getting ready to just go to the pub for the pub quiz or a few drinks when everyone else is just wearing whatever they are comfortable in and what was easiest to stick on to get to the pub, then again I wear jeans and a t-shirt nearly everywhere unless I have to make an effort then I swap the t-shirt for a shirt, or really make an effort for a big thing when everyone is wearing suits so I put my suit on, still only takes me the same amount of time to get ready though!
Reply 19
I wouldn't mind if it was a girl; because hey, 2 hours is like nothing to some girls in terms of getting ready. For a guy it'd be pretty pathetic. Shower, Brushing teeth, shave, do hair/gel it, whatever, apply aftershave or anything, put on some good clothes; all that would take maybe 30 mins tops, and you'd come out looking like a knight in shining skin. Girls have all this makeup and stuff so it'd understandably take maybe a bit longer, and hair I'm guessing makes up for this aswell - for a guy to spend 30 minutes on his hair I'd just think they're way too feminine.

Latest

Trending

Trending