Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl/guy who spends 2+ hours getting ready daily? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a girl/guy who spends 2+ hours getting ready daily?
    I'm a guy: yes, I would.
    30.43%
    I'm a guy: no, I wouldn't.
    16.30%
    I'm a girl: yes, I would.
    14.13%
    I'm a girl, no I wouldn't.
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    2 hours every day is a bit of overkill. On nights out, if it means that much to her, I wouldn't really care. Well, as long as she's ready on time I wouldn't at least. If she takes 2 hours to get ready and is so disorganised she can't even get out the door on time then that would get pretty annoying. If a girl wants to take that long she better have time management skills! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    God no, how can it possibly take you 2hrs to get ready!?
    shower + hair wash = 30 mins
    dry hair + style = 30 mins
    moisturiser/fake tan/make up = 30 mins
    deciding what to wear = a long time!!
    + food/drink etc

yeah i can easily take 2+ hours to get ready :/
    but for school it only took 45 mins to get out the house, so thats not too bad

ReputationRep:
    i would but eventually it would cause problems i think

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that way I could take even longer getting ready :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, and when I go out:

5 minutes shaving
    2 minutes brushing teeth
    10 minutes shower
    *wait till hair dries*
    5-10 minutes gelling hair

All in all takes me about 30 minutes or less to get ready

But when I'm going to get something from the shop or something else small I don't bother with any of the above :P With the exception of brushing my teeth. When my hair looks really bad I simply wear a hoody to cover it.

ReputationRep:
    No, I think 2 hours is over the top in general circumstances. Special occasions however, I could understand.

ReputationRep:
    MORE than 2 hours? That's a little excessive for a guy surely? Depends if they look over-groomed after all that.

Sometimes guys think they need to spend that long getting ready when they really don't :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_woozle)
    + food/drink etc

:eek: You don't actually do that, do you?

shower + hair wash = 20 mins
    dry hair + style = 15 mins
    moisturiser/fake tan/make up = 15 mins
    deciding what to wear = plan!!
    + food/drink etc

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't it would be verging on hypocrisy

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how anyone can take over two hours to get ready. Especially a guy as they don't usually have that much hair to style and they don't wear make up. But I suppose if they were always on time then it wouldn't matter that much, but still, it'd get annoying after a while. It takes me 45 minutes max to get ready (shower, dry hair, put on clothes and makeup), and I can easily make it in 25 if I'm in a hurry. But then again I don't spend time fannying around with hairproducts and I don't wear much make up at all.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be bothered. Though having said that, the kind of girls I date would probably be a little more low-maintenance... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Girls should only take 2 hours when they're going somewhere special...jeez otherwise its just a case of vanity taken one step too far...i hate hate hate guys that take ages to get ready, i like effortless guys, kinda like that enrique iglesias look with the messy hair and stubble but obviously that depends on how naturally good looking the guy is.....

ReputationRep:
    yeah probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_woozle)
    + food/drink etc

I'm with you. It can easily take me 1hr 30 - 2hrs toget ready for a night out...but I do faff a lot, takes me about an hr for normal outings. Although I am probably the longest out of all my mates...but for a boy to take 2hrs getting ready? Um no...i wouldn't be impressed.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care too much, as long as I didn't have to sit around and wait for those 2 hours!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so as it would piss me off having to wait that long, saying that however makes me a hypocrite :p:

ReputationRep:

+ food/drink etc
    These were my thoughts. I can't understand it. For school I can get up and be out of the door in about 20 minutes. I shower the night before so my hair dries over night, brush teeth = 2 minutes, wash = 5 minutes, straigtening/sorting it out = 10 minutes, dressing = 5 minutes.

For going out at night it's more:
    shower + hair wash = 10-15 mins
    dry hair + style = 25 mins
    make up = 10 mins
    I eat beforehand, I plan beforehand.

In response to the question, no I would never date a guy who took longer than 2 hours because he'd be far too vain for my liking. 1 hour is the limit

ReputationRep:
    My ex showered, chose her clothes, put on eyeliner, mascara and straighten her hair every single morning without fail for the 2 years i was with her. It probably took something like 2hrs actually.

I didnt mind since she looked hot and i usually got a cup of tea made for me since she was already up.

Before a night out I often take over 2-3hrs if im being honest. Shower, shave, put on some music, have a few drinks, do hair, choose what to wear, phone everyone up and make sure they know whats going on etc. Effeminate? a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    Don't particularly mind - girls will be girls, and the effort is always appreciated tbh

ReputationRep:

+ food/drink etc
    yeah afraid so, but it depends where im going and who im going with. i used to get ready for school really quick coz i cba with make up etc + had to get up early, it can take me a while to get ready for work coz i like to look nice and take my time so im not in a rush, and for going out clubbing/pubs/with guys it can take 2 hours

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.