• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6736131.ece

thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    weird!!!!!! thought they was gonna turn it into their uni! haha

ReputationRep:
    Dome College, Cambridge has a ring to it doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Proof that these people have far too much money.

ReputationRep:
    It would be an awesome lecture theatre....

ReputationRep:
    "More than £20 million" doesn't seem like that much for the O2.

ReputationRep:
    wtf would they do with it? it's in london, which is miles from cam.

ReputationRep:
    My God!! I didn't know Trinity were that rich! I don't know what to say, probably the Arena is more suited for public entertainment and whatever it is now, it's a bit awkward for a college to own part of it. What do they want to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    That's just funny, out of nowhere Trinity College, they do have the biggest endowment but only £20m for the 02? Weird seeing as it is in London. Wonder what they would do with it? Biggest graduation ceremony for 2010 grads lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    This.

The O2 is good for attracting crowds for gigs and bands and festivals.

Why would Cambridge want to teach Medicine or whatever in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econight)
    That's just funny, out of nowhere Trinity College, they do have the biggest endowment but only £20m for the 02? Weird seeing as it is in London. Wonder what they would do with it? Biggest graduation ceremony for 2010 grads lol
    I dunno, I'd still rather have it in the Royal Albert Hall, like mine will be :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I think it's obvious they're just using it as an investment to generate more wealth.
    They're not actually going to turn it into an extension of the university, quite clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Tbh, I think it's obvious they're just using it as an investment to generate more wealth.
    They're not actually going to turn it into an extension of the university, quite clearly.
    Oh thank-goodness, someone who isn't asleep.

I was getting seriously worried about this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    All of the US Ivy Leagues and many other schools such as Stanford, MIT, Caltech, University of California have endowments of 10-30 billion dollars - a lot more than Cambridge. Cambridge doesn't have too much money. It is, however, spending on unnecessary things.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the millennium dome was a big loser pile of moneysucking crap anyway. :lolwut: My bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    All of the US Ivy Leagues and many other schools such as Stanford, MIT, Caltech, University of California have endowments of 10-30 billion dollars - a lot more than Cambridge. Cambridge doesn't have too much money. It is, however, spending on unnecessary things.
    Yeah Ivy league endownments make Cambridges look horrible, and Cambridge has the biggest in the UK. Still why the O2? Hasn't it been a disaster since it was built?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    I was starting to think the TSR IQ levels had plummeted for a second there.

How is this not the obvious?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't think they'll do anything with it - just run it as it is - the millennium dome has a limited shelf life (built in 1999? Could last until 2025?) which is why it is so cheap (£20 million).

Its a pretty stupid idea anyway, why invest money which should be used for research in a venue which is so/so?

Maybe its some person deciding that they need to 'spice' up their image... hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econight)
    Yeah Ivy league endownments make Cambridges look horrible, and Cambridge has the biggest in the UK. Still why the O2? Hasn't it been a disaster since it was built?

Yes, if you count being the UK's most successful paid-for tourist attraction and the world's most successful concert venue as disasters.

ReputationRep:
    What a waste.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.