Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trinity College, Cambridge in talks to buy O2 Arena Watch

WTBF? :lolwut:

They should just instead invest the money into research, hell, making a new college so more people can access Cambridge would be better. This is just ridiculous.

I hate when Cambridge tries to "spice" up their image - whatever happened to traditional Cambridge? :sad:

Stupid idea imo.

If there's any uni that would buy the O2, I would expect the UoL to (not strictly a uni, but anyways...). Come on! This is PATHETIC!

I'm really am surprised.

(Original post by BJack)
    "More than £20 million" doesn't seem like that much for the O2.
    (Original post by Econight)
    That's just funny, out of nowhere Trinity College, they do have the biggest endowment but only £20m for the 02? Weird seeing as it is in London. Wonder what they would do with it? Biggest graduation ceremony for 2010 grads lol
    The article is very unclear, but it seems they are thinking about buying the lease to the land of the O2 complex, which then has a 58-year sub-lease to AEG for the O2 Arena (which is inside the Dome).

In other words: they're buying a tent they can't use for 58 years.

ReputationRep:
    wtf. weirddd.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.