Turn on thread page Beta

Our Hero soldiers.... too fat to fight.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    I'll let you off this once, but please don't say that again. kthanx.

Well, clearly they're not. We are, as is proved daily by TA blokes fitting seamlessly on ops with our regular counterparts. The clue is in the 'A' bit of the 'TA' and the 'C' bit of the 'UOTC'

The TA is not the regular army, no matter how much you claim they are, they are not and many TA soldiers never get deployed. I am not disrespecting them, they do a great job and when deployed excel themselves but in reality they are reservists, part time soldiers.

The UOTC is a TA unit.

ReputationRep:
    Judge,

As a serving soldier, who has seen conflict in Afghanistan, I can assure you, that the soldiers out there are producing the goods to highest standards, and beyond what is expected of them.

Sorry to say, your comments appear to fall flat if this 'article' is all you have to back your feelings.

I think perhaps, you tried the TA out, and whatever happened, you were left with a bitter feeling, and therefor feel better in yourself to create such threads as these.

I invite you to face The Taliban, and we will see how you react with your, very little, basic TA InF training and see if you really are 'a better soldier than any other'.

To have such an attidude to your own countries soldiers, makes me wonder why you are in this country? I have more respect for a Taliban soldier, than for someone living in the UK, having freedom, but disrespecting the soldiers who fight and die that give people like you the freedom of this country and for you to live a normal life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    The TA is not the regular army, no matter how much you claim they are, they are not and many TA soldiers never get deployed. I am not disrespecting them, they do a great job and when deployed excel themselves but in reality they are reservists, part time soldiers.

The UOTC is a TA unit.
    Oh, well I guess that's me told...

I've never claimed that the TA are the regular Army, and the fact that many TA soldiers never deploy is neither here nor there. In my own unit, barring soldiers under training (recruits) and those who have been in less that 18 months, at a rough guess over 75% of the blokes have deployed on ops, many of whom have several tours under their belts including NI, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. I can only speak from my own experience as serving in an Inf unit, but currently we're undergoing a massive shift from 'reservists' to taking part in very serious, very theatre specific training, ready to send out soldiers to backfill regular units. You can talk about the 'reality' of it all you want, but the truth is we're working bloody hard to meet the standards needed so we can deploy on operations and back up our regular counterparts. Bullets don't differentiate between a regular soldier and a reservist, chum.

The UOTC is a part of the TA yes, but as non-deployable students who are only trained to a certain level (far below that of a deployable TA bloke), I really don't give a flying one. It exists to suit a purpose, but that isn't providing trained soldiers on ops.

I'm struggling to see your point, unless it was a 'get back in your box, stab', in which case I invite you to come along on exercise with me, and then let you decide how much of a 'real' soldier I am.

ReputationRep:

I've never claimed that the TA are the regular Army, and the fact that many TA soldiers never deploy is neither here nor there. In my own unit, barring soldiers under training (recruits) and those who have been in less that 18 months, at a rough guess over 75% of the blokes have deployed on ops, many of whom have several tours under their belts including NI, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. I can only speak from my own experience as serving in an Inf unit, but currently we're undergoing a massive shift from 'reservists' to taking part in very serious, very theatre specific training, ready to send out soldiers to backfill regular units. You can talk about the 'reality' of it all you want, but the truth is we're working bloody hard to meet the standards needed so we can deploy on operations and back up our regular counterparts. Bullets don't differentiate between a regular soldier and a reservist, chum.

The UOTC is a part of the TA yes, but as non-deployable students who are only trained to a certain level (far below that of a deployable TA bloke), I really don't give a flying one. It exists to suit a purpose, but that isn't providing trained soldiers on ops.

I'm struggling to see your point, unless it was a 'get back in your box, stab', in which case I invite you to come along on exercise with me, and then let you decide how much of a 'real' soldier I am.

Yeaay FiveFiveSix is back! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Yeaay FiveFiveSix is back! :beer:
    Haha, I'm borrowing a mate's laptop - he's got one of those mobile dongle doohickies... The weather in Faslane is pissing awful shippers, don't know how you types stand it! Went for a looksie the other day though, very nice. Did get a few odd looks from some of the matelots though. I won't be away from home much longer, I'll be back proper before you know! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm borrowing a mate's laptop - he's got one of those mobile dongle doohickies... The weather in Faslane is pissing awful shippers, don't know how you types stand it! Went for a looksie the other day though, very nice. Did get a few odd looks from some of the matelots though. I won't be away from home much longer, I'll be back proper before you know! :beer:

lol, don't eat too many deep fried anythings, i almost went into cardiac arrest last time i went into a scottish fish and chip shop :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Agreed, you only need to read 'Dusty Warriors' to see what a vital part TA soldiers play on the frontline and how there is no divide... if they are fit enough and can do the job, there is no difference; same with 4 Para (read 'Danger Close'). Many rear ops and ops positions would be struggling if it wasn't for the TA guys.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.