Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am of asian descent, and although my colour canbe seen as caramel..

I want to look more fairer- I guess this canbe seen as people who want a tan

Any tips or suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    You should be proud of your colour it sounds nice.

The only thing you could do is stay out of the sun more, unless you do whatever freaky thing Jacko did .

The post but one below me, is made by an offensive squish, who talks utter rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    stay indoors! skin bleaching! lol

ReputationRep:
    skin ilghtener.

Also, don't believe the garbage abuot how you should be proud of your skin complexion etc. - you can do whatever you want with it.

Many northern European people are desperate to get darker and you don't hear many of them getting told to be 'proud of their paleness'.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really change your skin tone. Applying sun cream will help you not to tan, but you can't go lighter. Please don't dabble with skin-lightening creams, and definitely don't wear a foundation that's too pale for you - you'll end up looking like a ghost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    You can't really change your skin tone. Applying sun cream will help you not to tan, but you can't go lighter. Please don't dabble with skin-lightening creams, and definitely don't wear a foundation that's too pale for you - you'll end up looking like a ghost.
    fake tan?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    fake tan?

squish.
    That isn't changing your natural skin tone though - it's just plastering something on top of it.

ReputationRep:
    You should just love the colour you are and learn to accept it. I don't think you should try any skin lightening creams etc.

ReputationRep:
    dont bleach your skin!

But if you really want it lighter... go a shade lighter in make-up?

but seriously ---> "The darker the berry, the sweeter the taste!!" - Seaweed.
    I'm half asian and my brothers asian looking and I'm white looking with a slight tan... and I want to look asian! I think it's much prettier...

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of my paleness >:
    But OP, I'm sure your skin colour is fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Hey, I am of asian descent, and although my colour canbe seen as caramel..

I want to look more fairer- I guess this canbe seen as people who want a tan

Any tips or suggestions?
    Heyy, I'm asian too, my parents are kinda darker than me, but I'm kinda light. I believe that if I live here in the UK, then my future generations will be even lighter than me and overtime, through genetic variation, they will even out. As long as they stay here. That might be your only chance of becoming fairer, as long as your willing to sacrifice and have patience with a long term plan. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    You should just love the colour you are and learn to accept it. I don't think you should try and skin lightening creams etc.
    Which is exactly why the fake-tan business is so big here in the West and that tanning salons seem to be around almost every street corner?

If these very people were so proud of their skin colour they wouldn't be spalshing out on all the fake tan and going to tanning salons or beach holidays in which the main priority is to lie semi-naked in the scorching heat to end up burnt all over.

The risk of side-effects is much greater (and perhaps somewhat deadlier) with tanning in salons or on the beach than it is with using lightening creams.

But I do agree that everyone should be proud of their skin colour. I just think it's stupid for people to take potshots at communities that do use lightening products when those firing the potshots are more than happy to splash on the fake tan and burn themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Which is exactly why the fake-tan business is so big here in the West and that tanning salons seem to be around almost every street corner?

If these very people were so proud of their skin colour they wouldn't be spalshing out on all the fake tan and going to tanning salons or beach holidays in which the main priority is to lie semi-naked in the scorching heat to end up burnt all over.

The risk of side-effects is much greater (and perhaps somewhat deadlier) with tanning in salons or on the beach than it is with using lightening creams.

But I do agree that everyone should be proud of their skin colour. I just think it's stupid for people to take potshots at communities that do use lightening products when those firing the potshots are more than happy to splash on the fake tan and burn themselves.

I didn't say that I agreed with fake tan or tanning salons :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I didn't say that I agreed with fake tan or tanning salons :confused:
    I know. I was meant to stick a bit on saying my post wasn't aimed at you but the public in general. I just happened to quote what you said to make a point.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    "The darker the berry, the sweeter the taste!!"

Yes, but who wants diabetes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniper-Squeak)
    Heyy, I'm asian too, my parents are kinda darker than me, but I'm kinda light. I believe that if I live here in the UK, then my future generations will be even lighter than me and overtime, through genetic variation, they will even out. As long as they stay here. That might be your only chance of becoming fairer, as long as your willing to sacrifice and have patience with a long term plan. :yes:
    depends on who they have kids with ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    I know. I was meant to stick a bit on saying my post wasn't aimed at you but the public in general. I just happened to quote what you said to make a point.

Sorry.
    That's fine

ReputationRep:
    skin ilghtener.

Also, don't believe the garbage abuot how you should be proud of your skin complexion etc. - you can do whatever you want with it.

Many northern European people are desperate to get darker and you don't hear many of them getting told to be 'proud of their paleness'.

squish.
    Yeah but she's asian so that doesn't come into it.
    She should be happy with her colour! Sure you can cover it up with makeup, fake tan or whatever, but she's still that colour so it's better to learn to like it.

OP, just stay out of the sun more. Which part of asia you from? Caramel sounds quite light!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    but seriously ---> "The darker the berry, the sweeter the taste!!" - Seaweed.
    Haile Berry.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    skin ilghtener.

squish.
    Actually, I've seen that mentioned several times on this forum. 'Pale skin' is part of the english rose look, which many women are proud of.

Secondly, it's a lot easier to achieve darker skin than it is to achieve lighter skin. Skin lighteners often contain bleach, and are very damaging to the skin - causing premature aging and wrinkles.

OP there's no healthy way of changing your skin colour. However, you could try translucent powder a bit lighter (not too much) than your natural shade. You need to be careful when selecting the right shade though - anything too light will make you look like a clown, but if done correctly it can give you a healthy glow and 'fairer' look that you're going for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.