Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, im NOT suicidal on my skin tone.. but you got to realise, that fairer girls in my ethnicity are seen as more beautiful.

You guys are wrong with the whole "you cant change your skin tone at all", with asian descent people, their skin tone change are fair bit month to month.. etc, in my opinion

Surely changing skin tone is the same as tanning?

Im gettina tad hung up about it thats all... I dont wear foundation- makes me look a deeper colour which I dont think is the look im going for.

Im not proud of it at all, I look really weird some days.. and like lately im become really self concious about it since someone made a comment about it.

ReputationRep:
    Nivea produce a line of whitening products which are difficult to get a hold of over here as there isn't a substantial market for them but they're readily available in Asia.

The Body Shop do a line of "Moisture White" products which help with skin lightening but you only get these in certain branches in the bigger cities otherwise you can buy them online aswell. I use the Moisture White facewash powder which seems to work well and the Nivea for Men whitening moisturiser.

Also try typing in Pharmaclinix. They do a good range of whitening products which is especially made for Asian-subcontinent skin so that might be worth a try.

Try staying out of the sun and if you are going out into the sun, use som factor 50 suncream.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CityOfMyHeart]Yeah but she's asian so that doesn't come into it.
    She should be happy with her colour! Sure you can cover it up with makeup, fake tan or whatever, but she's still that colour so it's better to learn to like it.QUOTE]

Go and tell the bits in bold to the pale-skinned people who pay ****loads going to tanning salons.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Okay, im NOT suicidal on my skin tone.. but you got to realise, that fairer girls in my ethnicity are seen as more beautiful.

You guys are wrong with the whole "you cant change your skin tone at all", with asian descent people, their skin tone change are fair bit month to month.. etc, in my opinion

Im gettina tad hung up about it thats all... I dont wear foundation- makes me look a deeper colour which I dont think is the look im going for.

Im not proud of it at all, I look really weird some days.. and like lately im become really self concious about it since someone made a comment about it.
    Read my post above on products.

ReputationRep:
    use bleach you idiot, why do you wanna get lighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    depends on who they have kids with ...
    Yeah. I was talking theoretically in terms of standard generations continued down through my own between generations on my level.

For e.g. I have a friend (girl), and her parents were born in Pakistan. My parents were also born in Pakistan. We both live here and have more or less the same skin color. We marry and have kids, and genetically, their skin should be lighter, even if its by that 1% and over a period of generations, it evens out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    skin ilghtener.

Also, don't believe the garbage abuot how you should be proud of your skin complexion etc. - you can do whatever you want with it.

Many northern European people are desperate to get darker and you don't hear many of them getting told to be 'proud of their paleness'.

squish.
    I like my paleness :mad:, I wouldn't go get a tan and skin cancer.

If you say your proud of being white, people will call you racist. If someone said to be proud of it they would also be called racist. It's double-standards.

ALSO they say it, 'cause you have to accept yourself, there's not that much to do about your colour. Nothing permanent. And def. nothing much undamaging.

So shut your face.

Squish that where the sun don't shine, and stop being so offensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    Actually, I've seen that mentioned several times on this forum. 'Pale skin' is part of the english rose look, which many women are proud of.

Secondly, it's a lot easier to achieve darker skin than it is to achieve lighter skin. Skin lighteners often contain bleach, and are very damaging to the skin - causing premature aging and wrinkles.OP there's no healthy way of changing your skin colour. However, you could try translucent powder a bit lighter (not too much) than your natural shade. You need to be careful when selecting the right shade though - anything too light will make you look like a clown, but if done correctly it can give you a healthy glow and 'fairer' look that you're going for.
    i would imagine skin cancer is far worse than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Nivea produce a line of whitening products which are difficult to get a hold of over here as there isn't a substantial market for them but they're readily available in Asia.

The Body Shop do a line of "Moisture White" products which help with skin lightening but you only get these in certain branches in the bigger cities otherwise you can buy them online aswell. I use the Moisture White facewash powder which seems to work well and the Nivea for Men whitening moisturiser.

Also try typing in Pharmaclinix. They do a good range of whitening products which is especially made for Asian-subcontinent skin so that might be worth a try.

Try staying out of the sun and if you are going out into the sun, use som factor 50 suncream.
    I never go out in the sun. I always cover up as much as possible whenin the sun...

Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Okay, im NOT suicidal on my skin tone.. but you got to realise, that fairer girls in my ethnicity are seen as more beautiful. You guys are wrong with the whole "you cant change your skin tone at all", with asian descent people, their skin tone change are fair bit month to month.. etc, in my opinion

-Yeah my asian friend tried to explain this to me, but I still think you are probably attactive just the way you are, and it's something which is quite difficult to change with just makeup whilst looking natural as well.
    - Just ignore that person. I'm lightskinned for a black girl and some days I think I look a bit odd and my mum often teases me aboyt it, but I've just learned that this is the way I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)

If you say your proud of being white, people will call you racist. If someone said to be proud of it they would also be called racist. It's double-standards.
    Why is it racist to be proud to be white?

I never said that ALL or even MOST northern European people are desperate to tan - but still a SIGNIFICANT MINORITY (i.e. many) do and hence the reason for the business and number of salons there are.

Maybe you can say that you are 'proud to be pale-skinned' - I can't see how that will be seen as racist?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)

ALSO they say it, 'cause you have to accept yourself, there's not that much to do about your colour. Nothing permanent. And def. nothing much undamaging.

So shut your face.

Squish that where the sun don't shine, and stop being so offensive.
    You can call yousreslf white, I wont call you racist..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shriya)
    i would imagine skin cancer is far worse than that.
    Yes, but you're making the assumption that going out in the sun, or using a sunbed is the only way to get the 'tanned' look. There are safe alternatives - e.g. spray tans. For skin lightening, there aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    -Yeah my asian friend tried to explain this to me, but I still think you are probably attactive just the way you are, and it's something which is quite difficult to change with just makeup whilst looking natural as well.
    - Just ignore that person. I'm lightskinned for a black girl and some days I think I look a bit odd and my mum often teases me aboyt it, but I've just learned that this is the way I am.
    Awww, I want to look more yellow, cause im vary yellowy for my skin tone

PLUS my mum is fairer than me which kinda sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniper-Squeak)
    Yeah. I was talking theoretically in terms of standard generations continued down through my own between generations on my level.

For e.g. I have a friend (girl), and her parents were born in Pakistan. My parents were also born in Pakistan. We both live here and have more or less the same skin color. We marry and have kids, and genetically, their skin should be lighter, even if its by that 1% and over a period of generations, it evens out.
    I swear i have never seen a Pakistani that is really dark.

I dont want to be that fair. Just more yellowy than I am. I hate how my face is slightly darker than my body

ReputationRep:
    Make up and flour is all I can advise :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Why is it racist to be proud to be white?

I never said that ALL or even MOST northern European people are desperate to tan - but still a SIGNIFICANT MINORITY (i.e. many) do and hence the reason for the business and number of salons there are.

Maybe you can say that you are 'proud to be pale-skinned' - I can't see how that will be seen as racist?

squishing myself as I'm so annoying.
    BECAUSE there are people that would/have said that. If I said I'd rather be white than black, I'm sure I would get a lot of a abuse, it even sounds a bit bad to me. I know that's a bit different, but people who go on about how 'proud' they are, are basically implying the former, seeming racist.

ReputationRep:
    I swear i have never seen a Pakistani that is really dark.
    I dont want to be that fair. Just more yellowy than I am. I hate how my face is slightly darker than my body
    Oh I've seen plenty that are really dark.

As for looking yellower, you could binge drink on like 7 bottles of whisky a day. You'd be jaundiced in no time

P.S. I don't recommend you consume that much alcohol unless you have a death wish.

ReputationRep:
    You can call yousreslf white, I wont call you racist..
    Why thankyou

What if a said I was proud though?

ReputationRep:

Then maybe, make friends with people outside your 'ethnicity' who don't care about the colour of your skin. TBH, it sounds like quite an old fashioned view. I'm asian myself and the only people I ever hear saying this are older people. I know that in asian media today it's still quite unusual to see darker skinned models, but I don't think this is necessarily in line with peoples conceptions of beauty. I'm pretty brown myself, but it's never really been an issue for me - and I have some very dark friends who are absolutely stunning - only fools would think of them as 'ugly' simply because they have dark skin.

Secondly, you mentioned foundation makes you darker. Foundation is not supposed to do this - it's supposed to be the same shade as your skin. Which brand do you use?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.