Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to look fairer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people be proud of their skin colour? You shouldn't listen to girls (yes they can be nasty about appearence ) and try to love yourself as you are. I am very pale (irish descent) and often get remarks from people but I have learnt to like my pale skin.

I don't understand why people want to be bright orange from fake tan at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    I think it's a matter of shopping around really. Light adjusting foundations (Prescriptives, and I think Avon make one too), and sometimes just tinted moisturiser are great for uneven skin tone. The foundations in particular, are great for people who have trouble matching their skin colour to regular cheaper foundations.
    i know, i use tinted mosturiser, but you have to appreciate that it is a pain to look for the right stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I dont have uneven skin tone, I just want to be slightly lighter
    yeah i know I was just quoting someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    Why can't people be proud of their skin colour? You shouldn't listen to girls (yes they can be nasty about appearence ) and try to love yourself as you are. I am very pale (irish descent) and often get remarks from people but I have learnt to like my pale skin.

I don't understand why people want to be bright orange from fake tan at all
    Well, I think I will look prettier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    I love ridiculously pale girls. Might be the reason why one of my ex's was a former goth but she was a complete nutcase.
    Haha! I know loads of guys who love the goth-type girl for their dark hair/pale skin. Although I have noticed in a lot of 'goth' girls they tend to have a few bolts loose in the olde noggin. I am quite normal though... Sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Go get a tan. You won't look lighter but it makes me look really orange.....although I am part italian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)

Go and tell the bits in bold to the pale-skinned people who pay ****loads going to tanning salons.

squish.
    What is this ridiculous squish thing about?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    What has that got to do with being insecure about my skin tone?? It was my cousin that made me feel upset about it. Girls can be evil!

I use MAC
    What shade? You look like an NC37 or 40, which isn't particularly dark. Not that it should be an issue anyway.

And I agree with the rest of the comments - stay away from whitening products, they will damage your skin.

I consider the skin lightening obsession to be really silly anyway.

ReputationRep:
    your bangladeshi, well im partly deshi , well i know what ur saying about caramel , me 2 , but most of the time i get taken for mix race as in black/asian , so i kno im a bit on da dark side , my dad is real light and my mum is average, but i came out a bit on da dark side of i dunno who lol , dont worry just chill out , its the beauty of the inside(kinda cheesy right?) it is real true but if you real want it lighter den sum form of skin lighter is opening avaliable around asia maybe UK Pak superstore aswell

ReputationRep:
    From the picture you posted, I don't think you look dark at all! There's nothing wrong with you

ReputationRep:
    When you say paler Nutta!, do you mean paler of your own skin tone such as in lighter yellow, or paler as in a Western pinky/white skin tone or like the Japanese?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've been reading all the posts. Don't want to annoy anyone but I work for the bbc in manchester and am looking for some help. Am working with a student who's been researching skin bleaching creams and their dangers and we really need to talk to someone who wants to or has tried them to lighten their skin. We want to interview them on camera but this can be done anonymously. Plus they would need to be from or in the north west of england. I know this is a big ask but it's an important issue. We have found shops selling cream illegally with dangerous levels of hydroquione. Any takers: [email protected]

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.