Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    hiii, im really considering learning how to ride a motorbike as its something ive always wanted to do. the thing is i have like no idea how to go about it. is there like a driving test but for motorbikes? how old do you have to be to have one etc? any help would be much apprieciated. also how are they cheaper to run than cars? thank youuu

    A - do a search
    B- look down the current page in all the motorbike threads ive written in twice in the last week

    First bike was 700£ a 400cc bike, my bf;s was £550 for a 250cc bike. Insurance was about 500£ TPFT less as your female than if you were male

    Gear allow 50£ for jacket, £30 gloves, £50 helmet then you should get boots and protective trousers (http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/2...rousers/Tech-7)

    You do your cbt for a moped at 16, restricted to 50cc

    At 17 you can do a cbt and ride up to 125cc with L plates, or go onto your bike theory test and a1 bike test, and be restricted to 33bhp for 2 years then ride what you like

    At 21 you do your cbt, bike theory test and DAS and ride what you like

    Petrol i spend 15£ a tank, and it does 180miles generally.

    taken from http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post20357959
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 2, 2009


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.