Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my test booked for next month and i was just wondering what you may be asked to do on your test? Which manuvres may you have to do? etc
    And how long is the test?- isnt it 40 mins?
    Any advice would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    it is 40 mins,
    ask your instructor to give you a list with the questions you might be asked and take you through all the possible maneuvers you might be asked to do

ReputationRep:
    yes, it is just under 40mins
    when i did it, (year and a half ago) you had to do 2 of 3 manoeuvres, and you may have to do the emergency stop.

before you start the driving, you have your eyes tested:p: and you have to answer a couple of car maintenance questions

ReputationRep:
    Parallel park
    Reverse round corner
    bay park (only if your test centre has a car park)
    3 point turn

the test is 40 minutes (including show me tell me)

about 3 time they will ask u to "find a safe place to park" then move off.

ReputationRep:
    Test time 38-40 mins. Dependent upon traffic conditions.

I was asked to do reverse left around a corner and a turn in the road. However you could get parallel park, bay park and emergency stop.

Oh and the car questions others have already mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I have my test booked for next month and i was just wondering what you may be asked to do on your test? Which manuvres may you have to do? etc
    And how long is the test?- isnt it 40 mins?
    Any advice would be helpful
    All the above replies are correct, but this might help as well:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...est/DG_4022540

EDIT: Here's the list of car 'show me/tell me' questions that you could be asked at the beginning of the test:

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Documents/prac...%20and%20A.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your instructor has given you a list of questions and answers about the car and where parts are in the engine. The examiner will ask you to do 2/4 manouvers and ask you to pull and park, and then pull off again about 3 times. This will be to check that you get close enough to the kerb and that you do your mirror and blindspot checks properly before you pull off...so remember your bind spot! My instructor didnt tell me they ask you to pull over so it really put me off on my test.

ReputationRep:
    can't u just go on the DSA website u find out yourself?!

ReputationRep:
    What the first few posters have said.

Sounds like you have just booked your test without having taken lessons or discussed the test with your instructor first though, which is a bit unwise.

ReputationRep:
    Go to test centre, examiner calls your name, sign a sheet thing, show examiner where you car is, does eye test, 1 show me question & 1 tell me question, get in car, show examiner you have carried out cockpit check, drive off, follow instructions, 2 of 3 manourvers and possibly emgercency stop but you'll get pulled over and the examiner will say you'll be doing one, upto 3 stop and go (i had 2) then more instructions back to test centre, park car, get result, be happy or sad.

ReputationRep:
    you may also be asked to perform a hill start, or necessarily asked but when they pull you in (generally 3-5 times in the test) you may get pulled in on a hill
    then theres two of -
    reverse round corner
    parallel park
    bay park
    turn in road
    and also you should get an emergency stop

ReputationRep:
    At the beginning of the test, you'll be asked two safety (?) questions regarding the car. Your instructor should have given you a set of these questions and the answers (if not I think they can be found online). During the test, you'll have to perform 2 manouvers. There's a 1/3 chance that you will have to do a emergency stop. You'll also be asked to park the car a few times.

This is a pretty good site, I'd recommend having a look: http://www.2pass.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    First of all the instructor will go with you to the car and they'll find a number plate for you to read.
    Then you'll have one 'show me' and one 'tell me' question to answer- your instructor should have gone through these with you.
    Then you'll begin driving. You have to do two manouvers (out of parallel park, bay park, three point turn, reverse left) plus possibly emergency stop.
    They'll direct you round the test route so you'll encounter traffic lights, parked cars, roundabouts etc. to see how you respond to them.
    Then you go back to the test centre and they'll tell you if you've passed or not.

If you're really worried, ask your instructor to do a mock test with you where you start and end at the test centre and they mark your faults and get you to do the manouvers.

ReputationRep:
    The DSA send you a dvd with ereything on it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.