Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey.

I've been reading threads about how guys would like it more if a girl actually asked them out. I have done this before and been rejected but hes a bit stuck up so...

Anyway.

There's this guy i really really like the look of. He has the most perfect geeky smile and eyes and i just love him. (Shallowness mabye).

I know hes the nicest person ever although we've never really spoken before. Alot of people i know go to him for advice and he has lots of friends.

Hes a mutual friend with some of my friends too and he's told one of them how hes fed up of just being 'the friend' or an inbetweener between couples.

I really do like him and i want to get to know him but i dont know what to do! I have him on MSN but he always seems to ignore me now. I think it's because i try to impress him and come across as a bit weird but i know if i was myeslf we would really get on but i feel as if i would never get the chance and i don't want to push him away even more.

I realise this may come across as a bit shallow but it's not. I know for a fact we have lots in common and all that shizzle.

I don't want to push him away if he thinks im really ugly and a freak for saying that i like him! I don't know how to be subtle about it.

Help me please!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think you should try and get to know him a bit first. If he's not interested in talking to you I wouldn't think it's a good idea to ask him out

ReputationRep:
    Well, it will just be creepy considering you've never really spoken properly before (as you've said). Perhaps get to talking first, so that he can get to know you and then make a move.

(Original post by bikipip)
    If he's geeky then he may not be used to a girl acting like that around him? Or maybe because you hardly know each other? Tone it down and gradually build it up until you are comfortable with each other. Then make it clear that you like him (if you still do at this point.)

I've never asked a guy out, I just make it pretty obvious I like them.

He's not a 'geek' as such. He just has the geekiest smile ever and i adore it!

He wont even reply to me on msn anymore even if i just say 'Hey' which isn't very often!

(Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Well, it will just be creepy considering you've never really spoken properly before (as you've said). Perhaps get to talking first, so that he can get to know you and then make a move.

I know it would be creepy... i just don't know what to do! I think i've ruined it already by being over the top and even a bit fake (acting like a right **** basically but not in a horrible way). He wont even reply now! Don't know how to make him talk!

ReputationRep:
    Ok i'll start with I'm a guy. lol

In the past, when ever a girl has liked me they never told me they liked me but what they'd start doing is talking to me ALOT, and wanting to hang out with me. It's those signs that start making you think that she's up to something since most other girls don't treat you in the same way. Then eventually that boundry is toppled over one way or another and there's some close physical interaction is everything is right - the hug, kiss or what not.

Just talk to him and see him when you can. Try to be interesting and look as attractive as possible around him (you are attractive right?), that'll surely get a guy like him to notice you. I didn't really notice my current gf all that much until one night we got frisky at a party. It was all building up for her because she really liked me and then BAM, I knew she wanted me for sure and I was already thinking about her at the back of my mind. And so it begun.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno but he doesn't seem that nice, like not to even reply to a simple hi on msn. Are you sure there aren't nicer guys out there? I dunno if i was you i would probably move on and find someone that actually likes and values having a conversation with me...

(Original post by Bbeben)
    Ok i'll start with I'm a guy. lol

In the past, when ever a girl has liked me they never told me they liked me but what they'd start doing is talking to me ALOT, and wanting to hang out with me. It's those signs that start making you think that she's up to something since most other girls don't treat you in the same way. Then eventually that boundry is toppled over one way or another and there's some close physical interaction is everything is right - the hug, kiss or what not.
    Just talk to him and see him when you can. Try to be interesting and look as attractive as possible around him (you are attractive right?), that'll surely get a guy like him to notice you. I didn't really notice my current gf all that much until one night we got frisky at a party. It was all building up for her because she really liked me and then BAM, I knew she wanted me for sure and I was already thinking about her at the back of my mind. And so it begun.

Hey thanks for replying.

Firstly... i don't what you mean by that!

I never even talk to this person alot. Just the odd 'Hey' on MSN and when i see him SOMETIMES at college i stop and say 'Hi' and even once or twice he has too but then he just walks away even when were in mid convo!

I'm not attractive imo! Been called beautiful ONCE by my 'ex'. Say it like that as we never even dated everyone thought we were together though.

I try to talk to him but he never responds on MSN now... so there's no way i could try and get to know him.

Just gets me so down

ReputationRep:
    I think you're kinda punishing yourself..like you say you keep talking to him and he never responds...if this was a girl and she wasn't talking to you..wouldn't you not just look for other friends? Don't base your attractiveness on who fancies you or not, hard as it sounds though. Do things that make you feel good.

Bad hair? Go get yourself a nice haircut! feel unhealthy, spend some time in the gym. Maybe you shouldn't keep focusing all your attention on this guy, cause you might be missing all the lovely guys out there.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like he's interested...

(Original post by geminilady)
    I think you're kinda punishing yourself..like you say you keep talking to him and he never responds...if this was a girl and she wasn't talking to you..wouldn't you not just look for other friends? Don't base your attractiveness on who fancies you or not, hard as it sounds though. Do things that make you feel good.

Bad hair? Go get yourself a nice haircut! feel unhealthy, spend some time in the gym. Maybe you shouldn't keep focusing all your attention on this guy, cause you might be missing all the lovely guys out there.

I do go to the gym... i'm planning to lose a stone just for this person.

I've never had a boyfriend. Noone has ever asked me out what so ever so i thought i should try myself from now on.

ReputationRep:
    It seems a little off of him not to talk to you on msn, there may be a reason, im not a big msn fan but still i try and talk to someone if they start up a conversation with me and then make a polite reason to leave at a moment if im not in the mood to talk to anyone.

If he is going to ignore you on msn, then your not going to be able to get to know him or see how you two get on so you cant start or try and start of a relationship on those grounds. Maybe try once more see if he is willing to meet up with you at some point on a casul meet up, with you being yourself and see if you get on. If not i think it may be a good time to try and find someone else that will speak to you and you have a chance to work with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey.

I've been reading threads about how guys would like it more if a girl actually asked them out. I have done this before and been rejected but hes a bit stuck up so...

Anyway.

There's this guy i really really like the look of. He has the most perfect geeky smile and eyes and i just love him. (Shallowness mabye).

I know hes the nicest person ever although we've never really spoken before. Alot of people i know go to him for advice and he has lots of friends.

Hes a mutual friend with some of my friends too and he's told one of them how hes fed up of just being 'the friend' or an inbetweener between couples.

I really do like him and i want to get to know him but i dont know what to do! I have him on MSN but he always seems to ignore me now. I think it's because i try to impress him and come across as a bit weird but i know if i was myeslf we would really get on but i feel as if i would never get the chance and i don't want to push him away even more.

I realise this may come across as a bit shallow but it's not. I know for a fact we have lots in common and all that shizzle.

I don't want to push him away if he thinks im really ugly and a freak for saying that i like him! I don't know how to be subtle about it.

Help me please!!
    x
    Well maybe he's not interested then? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey thanks for replying.

Firstly... i don't what you mean by that!

I never even talk to this person alot. Just the odd 'Hey' on MSN and when i see him SOMETIMES at college i stop and say 'Hi' and even once or twice he has too but then he just walks away even when were in mid convo!

I'm not attractive imo! Been called beautiful ONCE by my 'ex'. Say it like that as we never even dated everyone thought we were together though.

I try to talk to him but he never responds on MSN now... so there's no way i could try and get to know him.

Just gets me so down
    If he doesn't even reply then obviously he can't be bothered. It's time to move on.

Even if it's the occasional "Hi" it doesn't really matter. I've known my girl friend for 3 years now because we went to the same school, same classes and everything but we never talked to each other that much. She left after 5th year and went on to university so we didn't talk at all for just over half a year until it just changed and she started coming to the gym with me. She was interested in me and kept on talking to me, telling me things about her and yet I always kept it at the back of my head that she was just a friend and nothing more. It's only that step SHE made at the party that really brought things forward.

No, I'm not saying go molest him at a party and hope for the best. You have to be interested in him, and he has to be atleast somewhat interested back. Remember, not all relationships work out. If he isn't feeling the spark then there's no point in taking it anywhere else.

Girls never ask guys out. It just doesnt happen. Troll

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.