Turn on thread page Beta

What distance can you cover in 30 minutes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Seriously...the world record for 10k is like 26 minutes, so your saying your only about 5 minutes off. That is amazing seriously, how much do you train!? :eek:
    If I was training for a run, I'd do about 5k 4 times a week. With the last 500-1000M being uphill, sprinting as much as possible.

I reckon I could do 10K In about 34 Minutes, that's achievable, last 10K I did in 46, but I had the worst food poisoning you ever have seen!!

Say I joined an Athletics club I'd like to think I could get down to 30, but running that much makes me stay skinny when I want to get bigger, stopped for a while.

Also mix in 90 minutes of football and a 2 hour training session somewhere in that schedule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    If I was training for a run, I'd do about 5k 4 times a week. With the last 500-1000M being uphill, sprinting as much as possible.

I reckon I could do 10K In about 34 Minutes, that's achievable, last 10K I did in 46, but I had the worst food poisoning you ever have seen!!

Say I joined an Athletics club I'd like to think I could get down to 30, but running that much makes me stay skinny when I want to get bigger, stopped for a while.

Also mix in 90 minutes of football and a 2 hour training session somewhere in that schedule.
    Wow, that's dedication! :yes:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I did my first ever 10k which is just over 6 miles in 38mins so I would hazard a guess at close to 5 miles in 30mins.

I've just started running and normally complete just over 2 miles in 30 minutes (as I'm new to running and rather unfit my current training plan is run for 8 minutes then walk for 2)

ReputationRep:
    A me-shaped area of ground

ReputationRep:
    Over ten miles on my bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramble)
    Over ten miles on my bike.
    Ignoring the speed limit, 35/40 miles in my car.

ReputationRep:
    I can run a km in about 6mins, trying to cut down to 5.
    So in half an hour I could do ideally 6km.

ReputationRep:
    Probably around 17km on my bike. I don't think I can run for half an hour though.

ReputationRep:
    I can do 5 miles in 42 minutes, so probably around 6km in 30 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Around 150 miles when flying an EC135, I would imagine much more in a jet fighter.

ReputationRep:
    4 miles outdoors with hills. Could do more on a treadmill, but haven't been to the gym since I graduated and no longer have cheap access to one.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.