Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What distance can you cover in 30 minutes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Seriously...the world record for 10k is like 26 minutes, so your saying your only about 5 minutes off. That is amazing seriously, how much do you train!? :eek:
    If I was training for a run, I'd do about 5k 4 times a week. With the last 500-1000M being uphill, sprinting as much as possible.

I reckon I could do 10K In about 34 Minutes, that's achievable, last 10K I did in 46, but I had the worst food poisoning you ever have seen!!

Say I joined an Athletics club I'd like to think I could get down to 30, but running that much makes me stay skinny when I want to get bigger, stopped for a while.

Also mix in 90 minutes of football and a 2 hour training session somewhere in that schedule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    If I was training for a run, I'd do about 5k 4 times a week. With the last 500-1000M being uphill, sprinting as much as possible.

I reckon I could do 10K In about 34 Minutes, that's achievable, last 10K I did in 46, but I had the worst food poisoning you ever have seen!!

Say I joined an Athletics club I'd like to think I could get down to 30, but running that much makes me stay skinny when I want to get bigger, stopped for a while.

Also mix in 90 minutes of football and a 2 hour training session somewhere in that schedule.
    Wow, that's dedication! :yes:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I did my first ever 10k which is just over 6 miles in 38mins so I would hazard a guess at close to 5 miles in 30mins.

I've just started running and normally complete just over 2 miles in 30 minutes (as I'm new to running and rather unfit my current training plan is run for 8 minutes then walk for 2)

ReputationRep:
    A me-shaped area of ground

ReputationRep:
    Over ten miles on my bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramble)
    Over ten miles on my bike.
    Ignoring the speed limit, 35/40 miles in my car.

ReputationRep:
    I can run a km in about 6mins, trying to cut down to 5.
    So in half an hour I could do ideally 6km.

ReputationRep:
    Probably around 17km on my bike. I don't think I can run for half an hour though.

ReputationRep:
    I can do 5 miles in 42 minutes, so probably around 6km in 30 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Around 150 miles when flying an EC135, I would imagine much more in a jet fighter.

ReputationRep:
    4 miles outdoors with hills. Could do more on a treadmill, but haven't been to the gym since I graduated and no longer have cheap access to one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.