Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what the absolute cheapest monthly mobile phone network charge is?
    thaanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    £15 a month will get you unlimited texts + 100 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    12 pounds a month Samsung tocco lite, 150 mins and 150 text to any network.
    Virgin Mobile.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you want a phone included.
    O2 do 150 mins, 300 texts for £9.79 for a SIM only 1 month recurring contract.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin have one at £8.50 a month.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin do an £8.50 monthly contract, but it's a special offer only available until tomorrow! I think you only get 100 minutes and 100 texts, but you do get a free phone =) It's the cheapest contract I know of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biotoxic)
    Virgin do an £8.50 monthly contract, but it's a special offer only available until tomorrow! I think you only get 100 minutes and 100 texts, but you do get a free phone =) It's the cheapest contract I know of.

Beaten to it :p: . My husband has just got an LG Cookie on that very tarriff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)

Unlimited texts, and 300 mins - £15 with Vodafone

ReputationRep:
    My brother is on £8 p m

ReputationRep:
    What network's that ?
    I get 350 mins + unlimited texts for £15 on Tmobile solo..
    Vodafone sim only is 300 mins + unlimited texts for the same price..

Sim only is the way forward. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The best way to get a REALLYY good deal on a contract is to get an upgrade when your contract ends..
    If you keep telling them that you'll leave the network they'll keep pushing you with better offers. Then stop at the best offer.
    My friend has 1000 mins and unlimited texts on 02 upgrade for £15, and my mum has a £5 tmobile contract with 500 mins and unlimited texts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toneh)
    Can anyone tell me what the absolute cheapest monthly mobile phone network charge is?
    thaanks
    x
    http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobi...lans/all-plans
    thats the cheapest of all i think
    10 quid for 100mins and 500 txts with a free Fone
    from vodaFone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    What network's that ?
    I get 350 mins + unlimited texts for £15 on Tmobile solo..
    Vodafone sim only is 300 mins + unlimited texts for the same price..

Sim only is the way forward. :yep:
    Orange, and I have never looked at the Sim only deals, going on contract for the first time tomorrow, not to mention I get rubbish Vodafone signal in my area!

I get 400 Minutes and Unlimited Texts with a Nokia 5800 for £19.50 of Orange as of tomorrow, suits me down to the ground, though, if OP genuinely only used that £15 she got free, might be looking into this far too much, I spend £80 on credit just for the girlfriend, barely text anyone else because of it!!

ReputationRep:
    Dolphin 15 monthly sim gets you unlimited texts and 200 minutes I highly recommend it for £14.68 a month

ReputationRep:
    Tescos pay monthly unlimited gives you unlimited calls, texts and internet for £30 per month. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it

ReputationRep:
    £8.50 a month 50mins 50 texts i think just seen it today and a free phone. it claims its the worlds cheapest contract

it was in the carphone warehouse

ReputationRep:
    Orange, and I have never looked at the Sim only deals, going on contract for the first time tomorrow, not to mention I get rubbish Vodafone signal in my area!

I get 400 Minutes and Unlimited Texts with a Nokia 5800 for £19.50 of Orange as of tomorrow, suits me down to the ground, though, if OP genuinely only used that £15 she got free, might be looking into this far too much, I spend £80 on credit just for the girlfriend, barely text anyone else because of it!!
    Gosh, that's a lot of money just on credit..
    You should get one of those 'call your family and loved ones for free' packages. Loads of networks do them now and it really saves a lot.:yes:

I don't like getting contracts with phones. They are usually more expensive and you HAVE to complete the length of the contract. Had that experience before, and I''m NOT going through it again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlemon2)
    Dolphin 15 monthly sim gets you unlimited texts and 200 minutes I highly recommend it for £14.68 a month
    its 100 mins :yes:

ReputationRep:
    cheers all
    Virgin £8.50 sounds good, but i don't want a new phone :/ ideally that contract on my current sim with a slight deduction for lack of phone...but I don't think I can negotiate this can I?
    shame

ReputationRep:
    Orange do one for £4.89 - 50 mins and 50 texts, with a phone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.