I'll drink it but not my first choice
    39.06%
    I don't like the taste of fosters
    6.25%
    Fosters tastes horrible
    17.19%

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I always thought of "Fosters" standard lager / and super chilled as the best "no thrills" lager you can get at your local (best value for money and a reasonable taste without buying a premium lager). It tastes refreshing and doesn't have a nasty after-taste.

However, there's lots of opinions I've heard recently so it prompted me to read a few reviews, and apparently, it tastes really quite bad?? I've had Carling and Carlsberg too, as well as a load of premium lagers and whilst the premium lagers are better - I'd say fosters is the best out of Carling and Carlsberg (which are more "it's league" )

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to hear others opinions :p: I still like Fosters regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Distilled ratpiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)
    Distilled ratpiss.
    I can't say I'd know.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Fosters, but if they did prostitutes they would be the best prostitutes in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is only good with a splash of lemonade.

Carling tastes like piss.

Carlsberg FTW

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, OP. Of course not my very favourite beverage but, on a budget, it's much preferable to Carling and Carlsberg. I hate Carling. I can enjoy a pint of Fosters.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is brilliant, especially from draught or the in-can scuba. Only around £2.65 a pint in my local aswell which is great!

Carling = 16 year olds drink and Carlsberg = pisswater.

ReputationRep:
    So whats with all the "bad press" I've seen? I've seen all kinds of reviews on the internet about how nasty it is and how it's not even a prominent lager in Australia Weird.

Not that I care what they say, I still think it's the best standard session lager.

ReputationRep:
    Carlsberg > Carling > Fosters

ReputationRep:
    Carling is truly horrendous - cheap, nasty stuff :lolwut:
    Fosters I've got a lot of love for :yep:
    I have yet to drink enough Carlsberg to be entitled to an opinion on said beverage

ReputationRep:
    Stella or Stella 4%

Or Tennents, reminds me of my Scottish-ness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Carlsberg > Carling > Fosters
    You mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    Fosters is only good with a splash of lemonade.
    Hmm, never tried that. I will investigate.

ReputationRep:
    Carling is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    You mad?
    depends who you ask

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the biggest fan of any of them to be quite honest - I live off fosters at reading festival each year though!

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is alright, but there is much better stuff.

Carlsberg is a bit better, but roughly the same sort of stuff.

Carling is terrible. there is a reason it is usually the cheapest .

If available I will get Kronenbourg, if not then either Stella or some sort of cider or spirit.

Have just discovered Baileys. It's fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Fosters, Carling and Carlsberg. I'll drink Stella, but prefer Staropramen, Becks, or Grolsch. Kronenbourg is drinkable too I guess, although I'd rather have Kronenbourg Blanc. Overall though I'll opt for real ale if there's anything decent on.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is the only lager I'll drink, although I don't drink lager much. A pint there and then is ok, but no more for me. I'd rather stick to something else.

I'd rather drink the line cleaner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.