I'll drink it but not my first choice
    39.06%
    I don't like the taste of fosters
    6.25%
    Fosters tastes horrible
    17.19%

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I always thought of "Fosters" standard lager / and super chilled as the best "no thrills" lager you can get at your local (best value for money and a reasonable taste without buying a premium lager). It tastes refreshing and doesn't have a nasty after-taste.

However, there's lots of opinions I've heard recently so it prompted me to read a few reviews, and apparently, it tastes really quite bad?? I've had Carling and Carlsberg too, as well as a load of premium lagers and whilst the premium lagers are better - I'd say fosters is the best out of Carling and Carlsberg (which are more "it's league" )

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to hear others opinions :p: I still like Fosters regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Distilled ratpiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)
    Distilled ratpiss.
    I can't say I'd know.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Fosters, but if they did prostitutes they would be the best prostitutes in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is only good with a splash of lemonade.

Carling tastes like piss.

Carlsberg FTW

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, OP. Of course not my very favourite beverage but, on a budget, it's much preferable to Carling and Carlsberg. I hate Carling. I can enjoy a pint of Fosters.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is brilliant, especially from draught or the in-can scuba. Only around £2.65 a pint in my local aswell which is great!

Carling = 16 year olds drink and Carlsberg = pisswater.

ReputationRep:
    So whats with all the "bad press" I've seen? I've seen all kinds of reviews on the internet about how nasty it is and how it's not even a prominent lager in Australia Weird.

Not that I care what they say, I still think it's the best standard session lager.

ReputationRep:
    Carlsberg > Carling > Fosters

ReputationRep:
    Carling is truly horrendous - cheap, nasty stuff :lolwut:
    Fosters I've got a lot of love for :yep:
    I have yet to drink enough Carlsberg to be entitled to an opinion on said beverage

ReputationRep:
    Stella or Stella 4%

Or Tennents, reminds me of my Scottish-ness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Carlsberg > Carling > Fosters
    You mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    Fosters is only good with a splash of lemonade.
    Hmm, never tried that. I will investigate.

ReputationRep:
    Carling is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    You mad?
    depends who you ask

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the biggest fan of any of them to be quite honest - I live off fosters at reading festival each year though!

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is alright, but there is much better stuff.

Carlsberg is a bit better, but roughly the same sort of stuff.

Carling is terrible. there is a reason it is usually the cheapest .

If available I will get Kronenbourg, if not then either Stella or some sort of cider or spirit.

Have just discovered Baileys. It's fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Fosters, Carling and Carlsberg. I'll drink Stella, but prefer Staropramen, Becks, or Grolsch. Kronenbourg is drinkable too I guess, although I'd rather have Kronenbourg Blanc. Overall though I'll opt for real ale if there's anything decent on.

ReputationRep:
    Fosters is the only lager I'll drink, although I don't drink lager much. A pint there and then is ok, but no more for me. I'd rather stick to something else.

I'd rather drink the line cleaner.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.