Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Does he have to have a car? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprite_fright)
    if i met him it wouldn't even register in my mind to ask if he drove or not, i so don't care about him driving

besides if u want to build ur body then walking would be best, right?
    High five to that! My ride is my legs :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    My g/f once told me that part of the reason she was attracted to me in the first place was because I drove a decent car, LOL!
    Maybe 70's style Kustom's are coming back into fashion??
    But then we are both self confessed car nuts and she is into MG's almost as much as me?
    The funny part was, at the time she had a black convertible version of the same make / model I drive. Which, coincidentally, also attracted me to her!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5148/pict0002chm.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9430/pict0004htw.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Do girls like guys who drive BMWs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    What kind of idiot takes a car to uni? Oh and OP, Grow up.
    Um a car enthusiast? :rolleyes:

I took 6 cars to uni in total, but only ever 2 at a time. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bbeben)
    High five to that! My ride is my legs :cool:
    right!! And also you do your bit for the environment by not driving a car.
    I commend you on your efficient, nature-loving method of transport!

ReputationRep:
    nah it wouldn't matter...plus, i'm wary of guys who have a 'love' for cars (it can be very literal according to this documentary i saw on 'mechaphiles' =|)

ReputationRep:
    Im 20 and i dont drive, cars are a matter of convenience to me, and i dont need one in the place i study since the uni is like 20 mins max walk from my house. I dont think girls care if you have one or not, but if you do its an added bonus, on that rainy day shes coming out the club with her friends and u pick her and her friends up in your warm tinted polo, she'll realise it has some importance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickie112)
    I'm not too fussed as I have my own car
    I'm the same.
    My boyfriend drives, but it's not a big thing.
    And now I can drive it matters even less :cool:
    It is nice to share driving between us tho

ReputationRep:
    I think I would actually prefer someone who did not have a car, if I had to choose.

ReputationRep:
    Not necesserily, it would help of course, so you can travel easier if he does. But I'm not materialistic, I like the person becuase of who they are not what they have!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and have zero interest in cars or ever learning to drive. I don't like them, I prefer public transport and think that cars have a horrible effect on the environment.

If a woman decided to pass me over because I don't drive, then to be quite frank, I'd be relieved as it's ridiculously shallow. Thankfully my lack of driving has never really been an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Shania Twain made this clear back in the 90's.

Okay, so you've got a car. That don't impress meeeeeeeeee much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Um a car enthusiast? :rolleyes:

I took 6 cars to uni in total, but only ever 2 at a time. :cool:
    Obsessive, more like. Cars at uni are a waste of fuel and money, either walk or catch the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Obsessive, more like. Cars at uni are a waste of fuel and money, either walk or catch the bus.
    Does a bus go down the drag strip or around race tracks?
    Neither does it go for long drives around the B roads of North Wales and Anglesey.

Funny I always thought it was my own business how I choose to spend my own money. Particularly, given one of my cars struggles to do better than 6mpg. I did about 40,000 miles in that particular car at uni come to think about it...

I rate a car (or cars) at uni is essential.

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't bother me.

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    No, of course not.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt dump a guy because he cant drive but it would be preferable as i wouldnt want to be the 1 always driving everywhere.
    when i was 18 tho and just leaving school it wasnt important in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    No, he doesn't have to have a car. There's other ways I can go for a ride with him :teeth:
    :rofl: Summed it up in the first post.

THIS!

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    No, I can drive myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.